• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do you hang your backpack high or low?

ztrumble

When my gear strap is high, at head height, seems like backpack and whatnot is in my way for seeing/shooting.

When low on always hitting with knees and making noise.

How do you hang?

I have about 1 1/2' of Paracord tied to the top loopof my pack on a s-biner. When I hook it on my strap it hangs on my offside at about my waist. With it there I can see over it and if I have to spin to shoot to my offside it is not in the way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

hunting-Oct13.jpg

Backside of tree or low/below me. If I have a backpack with, it's nothing needed midhunt. So it goes out of the way.

I like mine on G2s paracord. easy to adjust height. On my right. I can reach to put stuff in it. Most of the things I carry I never need except snacks and water

2 o’clock waist high. That’s unless I’m in a mondo tree. Then I go lower.

Later in the season when I’m actually using a pack it will be just above knee high and on my right side. So far this year I’m sitting presets and I have a pouch on my saddle with two bottles of water and my bow hanger. Another pouch with my tether/ linesman’s. That’s all I need. Thermos cell is in pants cargo pocket. I also am incorporating a primos turkey vest this year it may prevent me from needing a backpack at all this year.

Hang mine on the weak side about 11 o'clock, about waist high. Using a Predator platform.

weakside with waist strap around tree at knee height for a tree pad

Back