• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dump pouch drop out

Jammintree

SH Member
I started using a new saddle this year and my dump pouches keep disconnecting from one of the 2 Molle loops. It occasionally happened in the past with my other saddles, but it’s happening so regularly that it’s getting annoying. I studied the Molle loops on all three of my saddles - they are the same material and have the same amount of slack between attachment points.

Does anyone have thoughts about why I’m experiencing this - it wasn’t an issue in previous seasons.

I’m half tempted to use paracord or some heavy string to secure my dump pouches before I end up losing one!

I didn’t notice this the first year of my saddle but I did notice it this year which is odd. I switched to actual Molle style attachment pouches. Which end up being just surplus magazines pouches. They are awesome because they don’t flop around. Could use just a zip tie as that came to mind for me to for the same issues

If it has those molle sliders that might be your issue. I’ve never had luck with any pouch equipped with those.

Must be a common issue because I just bought a new pouch and it came with those bungee loops sewn in.

Why not just use the lower row of tighter webbing loops?
Lots of great ideas here, thanks!
I’ll try the bungee mod tonight as I’ve got a bunch laying around. Long run I may also try those Molle clips.

Back