• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Favorite Hunting Clothing Brand (where you like the camo pattern)

cibor

SH Member
Wondering what hunting clothing brand people like where they also like the camo pattern. Early and Mid season is my range; late season I'm in blaze orange so no worry there.

For example I've seen people at length about how nice Sitka is but those same people saying they're not thrilled with the camo pattern. Wondering if there's one out there where people like the garment and the pattern both.

I like Predator camo but some of the stuff I've gotten from then has been questionable at best.

I like the look of ASAT but their clothing description leaves a lot to the imagination

To be clear, I’m not saying anything negative about Sitka or ASAT as I’ve not tried any of their stuff.

Last edited:
For my area, my personal favorite is the Florida Camo Hammock pattern. It has a lot of green oaks, pines and cypress trees with a light tan back drop. And if I’m anywhere else I use the high pine camo pattern from the guys at swamp n stomp. The high pine is everything broadside could have been… Both are lightweight and great for the heat down here. Then the Tru Timber VSX (on the cabela’s brand clothes) is my other favorite when my FL camo is dirty

I’m kind of a hodge-podge guy I’ve got a little bit of everything. My favorite for saddle hunting especially in the mid to late fall time frame is the Predator fall grey, Predator fall brown, more open patterns I do think it’s more effective at breaking up the human outline than the darker Turkey hunting stuff. I like Day One Camo clothes they are silent and tough and they offer in the patterns I like. MO Tera Gilla is great pattern and the new Beast Gear/ Smoke Camo from Stealth Outdoors I like too. Sitka Gore Optifade Elevated iisnt bad either. I agree the new stuff from Code of Silence is good too. He was the camo buyer for Cabela’s for years. You can attribute a lot of the great camo clothing from Cabela’s in the past from him Ev Terrill.

Last edited:
I went out and got a bunch of Asio gear camo the last two years and I’m really happy with it. I like the pattern although I’m not much of a pattern guy. The quality of the clothing is nice though and they have a lifetime guarantee. If you have any questions and email them you’re most likely talking to Joe Miles the owner. I own the early season hoodie and pants, mid weight hoodie, Sherpa lined pants and jacket, hand muff and the core warmth vest. The mid weight hoodie and core warmth vest and my two favorite garnets from them that I own. The Sherpa lined stuff is wind proof and quiet. Everything is made with the bowhunter in mind which wasn’t my experience with some of the other companies. With good baselayers, Sherpa pants, mid weight hoodie, Sherpa jacket, hand muff and vest I can go out in the 20’s and be comfortable. I may eventually get a late season setup but for now this is what I run.

I don’t put any thought into camo patterns anymore, my go to pants are cheap Wrangler hiking pants bought at Walmart in any earth tone color, I like Sitka gear but I do feel like a fool sitting in a pine tree wearing whatever they call that white/blue looking pattern, but don’t get hung up on any specific pattern these days, I wear a snow camo fleece jacket that I bought in 1999 from Cabelas still to this day when hunting on snow, but if it was green I really wouldn’t care, I just like the coat, obviously after 25 years of using it, it’s seen a pile of dead stuff!!

I like Scentlok gear in Realtree excape pattern. Their tops fit me well and I find the excape pattern hides me pretty well. I hunt a farm with lots of different animals (goats, sheep, cattle, horses, dogs, foxes, coyotes, turkeys, humans) and of course deer and the camo does a pretty good job I think of breaking up my silhouette.

I have had great success with Sitka Subalpine especially with early Fall when the leaves are still green through the color change. The Elevated 2 I'm still testing out but have killed deer with it, and they didn't seem to be able to see me.

Oddly enough, First Lite and Nomad have both been hit-or-miss for me. I really like the Veil camo pattern for Nomad and both Fusion and Spectre camo patterns for First Lite, but both companies seem to put out the occasional crappy piece of clothing for whatever reason. For example, I recently tried a First Lite jacket where the medium cut up under my armpits really bad, but the large completely swallowed me--bummer.
I really like Sitka's Optifade Waterfowl camo patterns, even for turkeys and whitetails, and I've never owned a piece of Sitka gear that wasn't awesome.

True Timber Strata for me. They had a huge sale at the end of last season and I got stuff for early, mid, and late season in appropriate layers/materials. Basspro and Cabelas also has stuff in this pattern. I find it blends really well.

I also have alot of stuff in Realtree Edge, bought from Walmart, Tidewe, Hotshot, etc.

BT

Camo is designed to attract hunter dollars. If you don't move, don't smell and don't make noise, most often the game won't care what camo pattern (or not) you are wearing.

LOL
Guess that requires you to take lessons on becoming a wood burl. Don't move, don't smell, and make no noise. Hmmm...

Back