- Jun 5, 2020
First I have no problems with anybody that works at the post office, my local postal workers are some nice hard working people and these are difficult times..... That said, things are a complete mess there at the moment and my advice to anyone selling and shipping items is to avoid them at all cost for now, I bought something from a friend on June 29 th, the tracking worked for 3 days, then poof it was gone, just reads in transit, arriving late, nobody has a clue where it is, filed a claim, yea right, waste of time, been down to my local post office a dozen times and they have no idea either, call the 1-800 number and after waiting an hour for a call back, and pray the person speaks English... I get nothing, they have no idea either, basically I am screwed. So what’s next you wonder in case your ever in this situation... Just wait it gets better, when mail or packages go “missing” they are supposed to be shipped to a warehouse in GA, the lost package recovery building, this facility has no phone number and does not except emails, you must hand write a letter to them describing your situation, then they rip through packages and attempt to match up your package, in this scenario you have a 3% chance of getting your package back, yea right, heres the best part, the 97% percent left get auctioned off and proceeds returned to the said USPS that lost the package in the first place. Currently right now out of 6 packages coming to my home through the USPS 3 are several days late and one completely gone. Once again I have no ill feelings towards postal workers, they have a hard job right now and I respect that, I am only writing this to possibly save a fellow hunter the aggravation I have been through the last few weeks, maybe this a regional problem (upstate NY), I have no idea. If by chance there is a saddlehunter out there working at the NW Rochester distribution Facility a PM would be greatly appreciated, thanks!