• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gold Tip trad only 600 spine dozen for only $42 on Amazon!!!

Last edited:
Bought two thanks! Wow what a deal! Says they are still in stock though. These will be for my backup bow. Perhaps I’ll hunt I’m with it this season.

600 spine seem light for you! I imagine you pulling 60lbs! I was under the impression 40-42 MAX for an 600 spine.

BACK IN STOCK. 4 in stock at the price!!!!

@GCTerpfan @Allegheny Tom @Petrichor
Thanks but I have a pretty good supply of Momentum shafts. I spent a lot of time and effort to build a heavy, high foc arrow last year. I have (or HAD) it dialed in pretty good. But then I decided to try some new strings which have changed my tuning a little. Gotta address that.
Last thing that I want to do is start over with new shafts.
But it was nice of you to start this thread. Might be helpful to someone that needs those shafts.

Thanks but I have a pretty good supply of Momentum shafts. I spent a lot of time and effort to build a heavy, high foc arrow last year. I have (or HAD) it dialed in pretty good. But then I decided to try some new strings which have changed my tuning a little. Gotta address that.
But it was nice of you to start this thread. Might be helpful to someone that needs those shafts.
What string did you switch too?

What string did you switch too?
X99, one endless loop and one flemish twist.
I was shooting fast flight last year and I had it dialed in. This x99 is a much smaller diameter and I assume that it shoots a little "hotter". My arrows almost seemed slightly underspined until I added string silencers. It might be cured now.

Any tips on getting those momentum’s tuned?
I have 400’s I’m about to start on with my 50# recurve.( pulls heavier than 50)
Planning to bareshaft and reference the Grizzlystik tuning write up . I was going to PM but thought the question may be of interest to others.
( currently shoot instincts with 100 outsert-125 broadheads for 225 up front)

Any tips on getting those momentum’s tuned?
I have 400’s I’m about to start on with my 50# recurve.( pulls heavier than 50)
Planning to bareshaft and reference the Grizzlystik tuning write up . I was going to PM but thought the question may be of interest to others.
( currently shoot instincts with 100 outsert-125 broadheads for 225 up front)
1st, check them for straightness...if there is a deviation it will probably be in the front. Minimize cutting the front when you trim them during tuning. They are weight-forward because of the taper, so cutting the nock end is preferred.

They will have a stiff side so you'll want to determine where the stiff side is. To do that, flex the shaft over your thigh and roll it down your thigh. You'll feel a distinctive "pop" showing you the stiff side/weak side of the shaft. Keep this in mind when you bare shaft shoot them. Turn the nock until you find the sweet spot for how your bow shoots them best.
Use cool melt for the insert if the insert is weight-adjustable. Cool melt will make it easy to remove the insert for adjusting weight. I shoot Ethics which allow weight to be removed but you can't add weight to them.
One more tip on tuning Momentum (and probably any carbon arrow)...when you get close to the final length, cut VERY LITTLE off at a time 1/8"-3/16" WILL make a difference.

Now, back to the thread topic.

Lol I can’t imagine shooting 600 spine hunting. Those shafts would be hooking U-turns with my weight, bow lb, and draw length.

Back