• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Good morning from Palm Bay Florida

FloridaMan

New hunter here. Found out about a saddle a year ago from a podcast with Tethrd. Have been doing some research and I think I'm going to be picking up a phantom here soon. Went on my first hunt this past January and caught the bug. Didnt personally get anything but had a blast anyways. Found a tree stand to sit in and watched all my buddies get caught on branches with their climbers. Stand was ok but I feel a saddle would be better. Look forward to chatting with yall.
Anyone from close to central florida that would meet up to let me try a saddle?

Finally... Florida man has arrived. Try to make it to georgia in a couple weeks.

There are enough florida people active on here to constitution a meet and greet...maybe we try to get something together March/April?

I'm in Jacksonville

Finally... Florida man has arrived. Try to make it to georgia in a couple weeks.

There are enough florida people active on here to constitution a meet and greet...maybe we try to get something together March/April?

I'm in Jacksonville
With enough heads up I could make it up that way

I have so many Florida questions! On our last trip to Florida I was contemplating whether it was the one state where I could bring the whole family and leave them at the beach while I traipsed around the woods. Your gun seasons run right into the time of year us folks for Michigan are getting sick of the winter weather.

I have so many Florida questions! On our last trip to Florida I was contemplating whether it was the one state where I could bring the whole family and leave them at the beach while I traipsed around the woods. Your gun seasons run right into the time of year us folks for Michigan are getting sick of the winter weather.
You absolutely could. Lots of wmas close to the beach. Hell even from the center of the state youre only an hr and a half away from the beach. Ask away and ill answer what I can

Welcome from PA. I have been on the site everyday for 3-4 weeks now. I basically read as much as I could about every topic/aspect and created a Word document with notes, webpage links and YouTube links so I could always go back and reference it when I needed to. I've hunted for 25 years and this all feels so new to me but I am very excited to start my first year saddle hunting here in 2021. If you have a questions, someone else has already posted it so the search tap has been a solid tool for me. Keep an eye out in the Classifies, you can save a good bit of money on used stuff as well as shipping costs

Welcome from PA. I have been on the site everyday for 3-4 weeks now. I basically read as much as I could about every topic/aspect and created a Word document with notes, webpage links and YouTube links so I could always go back and reference it when I needed to. I've hunted for 25 years and this all feels so new to me but I am very excited to start my first year saddle hunting here in 2021. If you have a questions, someone else has already posted it so the search tap has been a solid tool for me. Keep an eye out in the Classifies, you can save a good bit of money on used stuff as well as shipping costs
Good idea. Beats my favorites folder, which has so many I cant find what I'm looking for half the time.

Thanks
Thanks for the tips. That word doc with links is a great idea

I was contemplating that as well. Maybe someone else can help me clarify. But I saw a lot of the WMA areas had low amounts of tags sold. Seasons are short. Looked like you have to apply early for them? So you gotta have your dates dialed in. Maybe someone down there can clarify.

I was contemplating that as well. Maybe someone else can help me clarify. But I saw a lot of the WMA areas had low amounts of tags sold. Seasons are short. Looked like you have to apply early for them? So you gotta have your dates dialed in. Maybe someone down there can clarify.
I know you can start applying sometime in mid may.

Each wma has its own rules so u have to verify.....I'm also talking as a resident so I have no idea for non resident.
Wma has a set amount of quotas or "tags". That quota is won on a lottery system. U start applying for spring turkey in either sep or oct..I don't remember exactly. Some wma don't allow turkey hunting in the fall some do. Most hunts are going to be either a 3 day or 5 day hunt. Yes...u will have to have ur dates/ducks in a row. If u ended up in northeast florida I give u some info on some quota free fall turkey...spring turkey quotas are hard to get...or I just have bad luck.

Back