• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hoard it or sell it?

iamcorey

Oct 24, 2018
As I approach (and prep) for my second season in the saddle, I realize the amount of gear that has accumulated. It use to be my climber, my gun and my pack.

Now I have 5 WE steps, 4 LW sticks, 4 Muddy Pro sticks, Predator, LWHC. That’s just the stuff I feel is redundant.

Do you guys keep multiple climbing methods and saddles? Trying to figure out if I should offload some of this gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

Oct 20, 2015
Lewisburg, TN
www.tapatalk.com
I have multiple climbing methods. All different. Or I might would sell the redundancy (This does not include sticks im trialing) I have many variations of sticks. Lol
I do have different saddles. I have sold off some of my sitdrags in the past. Only to end up buying more.
I have rope, webbing and various supplies

So I guess I’m firm in the hoarding section

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
The problem with selling sticks is the shipping. I have a set of lone wolfs that I would sell but they are more valuable for possible donor parts than selling once you factor in shipping.

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
Jan 2, 2019
North Carolina
I need to sell some stuff soon. I have spurs, SRT gear, muddy pros, diy stick, helium's, carbon bolts, treehopper bolts, WE steps, LWHC, and rope steps. Problem is sometimes different situations call for different gear and I'm always afraid that if I sell something I'll want to rebuy it and we all know how long it takes to get things on back order. Everytime I go to get rid of stuff I just don't. At this point I think I could sell it all except the muddy pros, WE steps, and hand climber and be just fine.

Reactions: Silvio

Bama_Xander

Feb 11, 2019
North Alabama
I put both my old climbers, ladder stand and pop up blind for sale on Craigslist. Thinking about adding a stationary 20ft Academy ladder stick and two Academy lock on stands to sell as well. I am keeping my Lonewolf stands and stick set up for a bit even though I plan on purchasing Beast sticks (smaller and double step unlike lone wolf). I think they could be useful in the future especially when my son starts hunting or to use with a buddy on public land that is new to hunting and doesn’t have mobile set up.

Silvio

May 6, 2019
Grand Blanc MI
YAHOO
silvio26@yahoo.com
I'm of
I need to sell some stuff soon. I have spurs, SRT gear, muddy pros, diy stick, helium's, carbon bolts, treehopper bolts, WE steps, LWHC, and rope steps. Problem is sometimes different situations call for different gear and I'm always afraid that if I sell something I'll want to rebuy it and we all know how long it takes to get things on back order. Everytime I go to get rid of stuff I just don't. At this point I think I could sell it all except the muddy pros, WE steps, and hand climber and be just fine.
I'm of the opinion that every setup varies to some degree...during my post season scouting I've chosen several spots that are prepped for different climbing methods...it mostly based on the type of security cover I'm hunting. But all in all mobile hunting gear I feel you need to be flexable or carry two different climbing types with you while running and gunning...fir example Carrying a treehopper/spikes and WE steps....climbing gear is your asset....as soon as you sell something you could use it...
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Apex7

SH Member
Jan 6, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
As I approach (and prep) for my second season in the saddle, I realize the amount of gear that has accumulated. It use to be my climber, my gun and my pack.

Now I have 5 WE steps, 4 LW sticks, 4 Muddy Pro sticks, Predator, LWHC. That’s just the stuff I feel is redundant.

Do you guys keep multiple climbing methods and saddles? Trying to figure out if I should offload some of this gear.

Yes I keep multiple climbing methods. Wildedge steps set of 10. 4 lonewolf sticks uncut. 3 Hawk helium sticks uncut with aiders. 5 foot aider used with knaider and Wildedge steps. Red squirrel climbing method.

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
Many setups vary. I also have a 13 year old son so I have an excuse to have multiples of everything. I always take multiple climbing methods on a hunt. I can’t say he w many times I’ve sat a tree one evening and decided to leave it setup for the next morning. Then some time in the night I will think to myself that I picked that spot for an evening hunt because that’s what it worked best for. I usually wind up going to a total different area the next morning.

EricS

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Dec 14, 2016
Georgia
Many setups vary. I also have a 13 year old son so I have an excuse to have multiples of everything. I always take multiple climbing methods on a hunt. I can’t say he w many times I’ve sat a tree one evening and decided to leave it setup for the next morning. Then some time in the night I will think to myself that I picked that spot for an evening hunt because that’s what it worked best for. I usually wind up going to a total different area the next morning.

Silvio

May 6, 2019
Grand Blanc MI
YAHOO
silvio26@yahoo.com
Yes I keep multiple climbing methods. Wildedge steps set of 10. 4 lonewolf sticks uncut. 3 Hawk helium sticks uncut with aiders. 5 foot aider used with knaider and Wildedge steps. Red squirrel climbing method.
Ya, it's just being adaptable when climbing conditions suggest something different...Good Luck and Good Hunting
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Reactions: Apex7

noxninja

Dec 21, 2015
I hoard and am glad that I have because I am always thinking about stuff and I may need it in the future! LOL!

elk yinzer

SH Member
Oct 23, 2017
State College, PA
If I go a season without using something, I sell it. I have some hoarder DNA and it can be a struggle to let go of things, but if I don't stay on the ball my man cave gets out of hand quickly. I do buy extras of gear that I feel is irreplaceable if production were to cease. Heliums and Ropemans being the two SH examples of that.

Mag1

Nov 11, 2017
I’ve been de-hoarding to an extent. Selling extra unused gear. But then, I still have my Lw alpha assault that has been modded, 4 lw sticks, and waiting for my flex saddle to come in. Like many have said, different Situations call for different gear. But I’m keeping it to 2 setups. This way I can bring one of my kids along if they wish. Decluttering can bring about some “weight off the shoulders” enlightenment/feeling. Also, the wife likes a cleaned out basement look. Lol

onestringer

SH Member
Aug 28, 2018
I hoard and sell. Hoard the stuff I use and sell that I don’t.