• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Epic_of_Gilgamesh

So, in the never ending effort to improve my hunting setup (lighter, quieter, faster), I came across the idea of versastrap on youtube videos.

I figured I could make them easily myself, but after ordering the webbing, I discovered mention of stitching verses woven.
For life support needs, since I intend to use this on my climbing sticks and possibly my platform, woven is a must.

However, I'm not sure what woven entails, and I don't know if my (my wife's) sewing machine can do woven.
Does anyone have any details on what involves woven connection and if a consumer sewing machine can perform the actions?

I'm not worried about doing buying versastrap if I can't be safe making them, but since I have the equipment, I'd like to try if possible.

Woven versa straps are manufactured that way. Can’t really make them on a sewing machine. You can sew your own but you’ll need a pretty large thread. Bigger than what you can use in a home sewing machine

Woven versa straps are manufactured that way. Can’t really make them on a sewing machine. You can sew your own but you’ll need a pretty large thread. Bigger than what you can use in a home sewing machine

This is good to know. I've pretty much already decided to buy instead. Risking my life is one thing, but I'd had to loan out my equipment to someone else just to have my stiches fail. It's fortunate it's not expensive.

Back