• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

diy

1. Hardly_Hangin

Nondestructive JX3 harness mod (no sewing required!!)

TLDR, how to hit the "nondestructivley modifying JX3" easy button for improved load carrying comfort. Insert generic saftey disclosure about modifying gear. From the outstart, ill give full inspirational credit to @kyler1945 and his meat hauling JX3 modifications, thanks for all your work...
  2. gcr0003

I Try The Maceration Method Euro Mount

I’m trying the maceration method I read about and watched a couple videos on here: https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/euro-mount-maceration-thread.50312/ I just wanted to give it a go and share my thoughts on the experience. I killed this deer 01/02/22 Monday and cleaned up...
  3. J

SOLD: DIY Items

DIY Stick building items cleanout: (4) 17" Step Height Cable Aiders 5/16" Eyes w/ hardware Lightly used -SOLD (3) 24" Long for 1" Tubes Stealth Strips Strata NEW 1/8" x 100' Sampson Amsteel Black Color NEW -SOLD SOLD
  4. U

DIY PROJECT: 2 Sit Drag with D rings

So I've been coming to this forum for a few years now and love it. Finally decided to join! I have 2 sit drags that I am thinking about trying to make into a an Overwatch Transformer type saddle. I have all of the materials (I think) just wondering if anyone has tried or heard of anyone trying...
  5. Slicknick630

I made my own Predator Platform pack!

So I have always wanted to start making some of my own gear for really anything from hunting to just storing stuff. I have been wanting to get the hys strap and the predator pack but figured why not just try to make it my self with my new sewing machine. Some nylon strap and 600d cordura later...
  6. M

Rappelling Rope

What kind of rope does everyone use for single stick climbing and rappelling? Has anyone purchased any from Amazon before?
  7. gcr0003

Another First Saddle Build Thread

Alright, after a year of procrastination I finally have my sewing machine purring and all the materials I need to make my first saddle. I plan to get started on it this weekend. I have been watching @always89y 's saddle making videos and reviewing old diy threads in preparation. I started this...
  8. SloMo

Single stick modifications to Muddy Pro.

I`m going single sticking and I`m gonna video the whole learning process. I have been told a 13 year old can do it so I`m giving it a try. First step was cutting down a Muddy stick . Then I will un-box a rappelling kit from EWO. using this kit and modded stick I will attempt to video each step...
  9. Jaeckthesnake

DIY Parachute Saddle and Pouches

Finally getting around to busting out the sewing machine for some DIY ideas I’ve had during the season. Was going to make a DIY saddle using some webbing and mesh, but I have a few destroyed parachutes laying around I’ve been wondering what to do with, so I put some into a saddle panel and a...
  10. J

Nonskid Paint?

I bought a Hawk Apex platform and want to make it slip proof. I'm not a fan of tape products, as they haven't lasted on tree stands. I had another idea, but can't seem to find the product. Navy ships have non-skid on the deck. It allows solid footing on wet decks when the ship is rocking and...
  11. E

Home made versastrap

So, in the never ending effort to improve my hunting setup (lighter, quieter, faster), I came across the idea of versastrap on youtube videos. I figured I could make them easily myself, but after ordering the webbing, I discovered mention of stitching verses woven. For life support needs, since...
  12. GreenMtHunter

DIY Camo

Decided to do a little DIY camo on my new Tethrd Predator Platform and Muddy Pro climbing sticks. Didn’t come out too bad!
  13. XArmy

My DIY platform and gear strap.

First let me say I'm brand new to saddle hunting. I've heard of it for many, many years but didn't really look into it. The past few years of getting super frustrated spending weeks scouting, painstakingly dragging stands into the woods, and setting them up only to have other hunters set up near...
  14. Snacks

DIY straight webbing aider

I’ve been scrolling through the threads looking to see what people have done for straight multi step webbing aiders for my new Helium’s and was only able to find single step aiders (I’m sure Imnot searching correctly). I originally made a 4 step offset aider and after trying it out a few times...
  15. Snacks

Please close

Looking for my first platform. Predator, assassin, ridge runner, tree suite. Not picky and can make any of those work. I’m sure a million other guys are looking for one too but thought I would throw this out there in care anyone was on the fence about letting one go. Thanks all
  16. Flick

Converting Lifeline to tree tether & muddy rope style lineman belt.

Hello everyone, I searched for a while on here but couldn't quite find the answers I was looking for. Newb from South West, PA. I'm about to buy a saddle set up (tethered phantom saddle, predator platform). I was wondering if it was possible to convert the 30ft safety line I used with my lock...
  17. SloMo

Big shout out for Newbi Adam and wingman Aiden

I met both of these folks at the Soldiers Home in Chelsea. Both are there supporting staff and veterans cope with the corona virus and checking temps at the door. In conversation I found out quickly these two guys are pretty sharp. Both were interested in the "new saddle hunting " stuff and just...
  18. SecretAgentMan

Artisan Outdoors Stick Platform

I got my platform in a few days ago and got it all put together and gave it a try. Install was fairly simple. Two bolts that roughly matched up to the existing holes on my Heliums. They were just a smidge off, but not tightening one side before getting the other bolt started helped that, of...
  19. Eckert_Hunter18

Lightest rope using the ropeman 1?????

I'm wanting to change my tether and lineman belt to a lighter rope. I use the ropeman1 with my setup now and would like to continue doing so. I've seen where the oplux rope is great when it comes to light weight and strength but I would have to change to a Kong and I'm not really wanting to...
  20. S

Upgrade your Tethrd Mantis into a Tethrd Phantom (Amsteel prussik bridge)

For those that saw the Tethrd Phantom at the 2020 ATA show and wanted to get an amsteel prussik bridge(the main difference on the phantom), it can be done.... for about $20 What is needed-- 10 FT 1/4 in. amsteel 4 FT 3/16in. amsteel How to do it-- With your 10FT 1/4in. amsteel --splice a...
Back