• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you carry your milkweed?

ketch22

SH Member
I carry my milkweed in an old prescription bottle. It’s great for keeping it dry but not so great at easy access. I want to see how everyone is carrying their milkweed for easy access.

I bought a pouch of milkweed three or four years ago. The little pouch it came in has a zipper on top and one side is mesh. I only bought it because it was during deer season when I decided to try milkweed, and it's kind of hard to find in the wild at that time of year.

If I want a little tiny wisp of it, I can pull it through the mesh, or I can get a bigger hunk of it by unzipping it. So far it's worked well enough I haven't looked for another way.

I've always carried mine in a clear child's coin purse. I zip tie it to my upper limb. Its pretty handy, but this year I've been storing it in a zip lock bag in a cargo pocket.

I sew these up. Velcro top, pull millweed thru mesh.

1217a2b793f719c95eda0d8efe12f582.jpg
80d75624cdc9de0d98c580420c5dd57d.jpg
b5b9e98a58cf952dfe914b132808be21.jpg

Someone on here made me a couple a few years ago too. They work great.

I sew these up. Velcro top, pull millweed thru mesh.

1217a2b793f719c95eda0d8efe12f582.jpg
80d75624cdc9de0d98c580420c5dd57d.jpg
b5b9e98a58cf952dfe914b132808be21.jpg
How well does this work keep the fluff in when you don’t want it? I’m imagining a lot falling out in pockets

How well does this work keep the fluff in when you don’t want it? I’m imagining a lot falling out in pockets
I’ve never had a problem with them losing too many at all. However, mine hang on the outside of my bino harness or pack.

I carry my milkweed in an old prescription bottle. It’s great for keeping it dry but not so great at easy access. I want to see how everyone is carrying their milkweed for easy access.
tic-tac-giant-orange-bottle-bm.png

Waterproof
Has both a large opening (for stuffing it in) and a small opening (for dispensing).

A member on here was making these a few years ago and I bought one. Love this little pouch. The grommet is awesome for pulling a few strands out at a time.

Attachments

• IMG_9822.jpeg
    IMG_9822.jpeg
    775.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9823.jpeg
    IMG_9823.jpeg
    800.9 KB · Views: 74
A member on here was making these a few years ago and I bought one. Love this little pouch. The grommet is awesome for pulling a few strands out at a time.
@beaston I think was the one making this pouch. Don’t know if he still is or not but I highly recommend!

Back