• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you carry your thermacell?

Capttickle

SH Member
I lost my thermacell along with my favorite pouch that is discontinued. wondering if anyone has figured out a better option for attaching a Thermacell to your bag or turkey vest Instead of the cheap holster clip?

The old style holder is awesome IMO but the new style sux a big 1.

Ill look thru all my surplus pouches and see if any work just right. I got a bear spray pouch that almost works good and would maybe be about perfect with a little modification.

If somebody made a copy of the original holder with molle attachment instead of the swivel clip they would probably sell a bunch of them

I run this also and the shock cord just goes over the top of the T cell.

Last edited:
I was looking at the T&K option. Interested to hear if anybody has tried it, or found a better option. I don’t really trust that cheap clip on my thermacell…

And we are wanting it to function while still in the pouch correct? Something to still allow the smoke to rise like normal but won't melt or burn like flame resistant mesh? Or open design like the original? There's lots of pouches that are the correct size to just hold the unit but having it still function is the hard part

If these 2 went out and had a nice dinner and some wine and mated....loose the clip and add the molle

Screenshot_20230409-071807~2.png

And we are wanting it to function while still in the pouch correct? Something to still allow the smoke to rise like normal but won't melt or burn like flame resistant mesh? Or open design like the original? There's lots of pouches that are the correct size to just hold the unit but having it still function is the hard part

If these 2 went out and had a nice dinner and some wine and mated....loose the clip and add the molle

View attachment 83643

Looks to me like that’s a description of the T&K pouch…

I'd let u have this 1 if u were close....it was a 2 for 10 dollar deal if I remember correctly. I use 1 to store my pull up rope on the left chest of my vest after I cut off the Velcro of course....it's pretty dang noisy pouch and wouldn't recommend

Back