• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you guys not smash your nuts in a saddle?

Newb2hanging

Went out for a short sit this morning just testing things out, seeing how I want to set things up and what not. One thing I was having trouble adjusting to was my nuts constantly being crushed. I’m using a trophy line covert. I found that if I used the back brace and put my feet on top of the platform to where my knees were about nipple high, I could take the pressure off my groin. Aside from that any sort of leaning puts a lot of pressure on my groin and the leg straps eventually rearranged my family jewels into a very uncomfortable position. At times an extremely painful position. Any tips or tricks or is it just cause I’m small and the straps have no where to go but into my nuts? Lol

Couple things you can try. Leaning isn’t as bad, sitting can be less so. While standing on your platform pull your pant legs down and slide your leg straps up to your groin and get them snug. Then lean or sit. In this manner you’ve eliminated the extra material that slides up and you’ve pre positioned the straps so they won’t move. Can also try wearing thinner pants. Or alternatively keep the legs straps a bit looser; they aren’t there to save your bacon just to help position to the saddle. Keep them looser which allows your pants legs to slide around and move with your legs keeping them from bunching up in your groin. Wear smaller/less underwear. I wear boxer briefs which keeps them in position as well as providing a smooth surface for my pants legs to slide on.
And lastly sorry ladies for the mental image but get your bits in place before you sit down. And once you sit don’t wiggle

When wearing a saddle propserly the leg straps shouldn’t be putting any pressure on your groin. It sounds like you are wearing the saddle too high, or have your tether way to high. It should feel like you are sitting in a hammock or sling, the weight should be across your butt.

Couple things you can try. Leaning isn’t as bad, sitting can be less so. While standing on your platform pull your pant legs down and slide your leg straps up to your groin and get them snug. Then lean or sit. In this manner you’ve eliminated the extra material that slides up and you’ve pre positioned the straps so they won’t move. Can also try wearing thinner pants. Or alternatively keep the legs straps a bit looser; they aren’t there to save your bacon just to help position to the saddle. Keep them looser which allows your pants legs to slide around and move with your legs keeping them from bunching up in your groin. Wear smaller/less underwear. I wear boxer briefs which keeps them in position as well as providing a smooth surface for my pants legs to slide on.
And lastly sorry ladies for the mental image but get your bits in place before you sit down. And once you sit don’t wiggle
Hm, kind of hard to wear less though, the. You get cold. Maybe I’ll ditch the boxers and just go with long underwear wear.
Why do you say the leg straps aren’t so important though? Seems like that’s really the only thing holding you in the saddle.

I
When wearing a saddle propserly the leg straps shouldn’t be putting any pressure on your groin. It sounds like you are wearing the saddle too high, or have your tether way to high. It should feel like you are sitting in a hammock or sling, the weight should be across your butt.
Im climbing DRT and was just chilling on the rope. Suppose I’ll try throwing the tether up when I go out next.

Hm, kind of hard to wear less though, the. You get cold. Maybe I’ll ditch the boxers and just go with long underwear wear.
Why do you say the leg straps aren’t so important though? Seems like that’s really the only thing holding you in the saddle.
Yeah if you’re wearing boxers ditch those. There are folks who cut the leg straps off. The belt keeps it around your waist. I wouldn’t recommend cutting the leg straps off however.

Yeah if you’re wearing boxers ditch those. There are folks who cut the leg straps off. The belt keeps it around your waist. I wouldn’t recommend cutting the leg straps off however.
Yeah definitely not going to go that route lol doesn’t seem wise to ditch the leg straps. Will try to ditch a layer or two next time and see. Just feel like I’ll get cold doing so.

I found that if I used the back brace and put my feet on top of the platform to where my knees were about nipple high
I may be getting old but I am uncomfortable when my knees are nipple high even if I'm not in a saddle.
Leg straps will not bother you once you get things adjusted. Wear the saddle a little lower, loosen the leg straps a little and it should be a lot more comfortable. Adjust your tether as well. Probably need to lower it.

Another thing to consider is saddle condition. Depending on how long you’ve been saddle hunting you’ll get used to it. Make the necessary adjustments, lose the boxers and you’ll eventually get used to it

I may be getting old but I am uncomfortable when my knees are nipple high even if I'm not in a saddle.
Leg straps will not bother you once you get things adjusted. Wear the saddle a little lower, loosen the leg straps a little and it should be a lot more comfortable. Adjust your tether as well. Probably need to lower it.
Depends a lot on where your nipples are located though

Back