• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How many orders would it take to do a run of larger platforms?

DanielB89

I have seen a ton of requests here for a little larger platform. I am in the same boat. I love the predator, but, due to certain reasons I would love to have a little larger platform. Not necessarily as large as the assassin, but, I don't think i'd be mad if it were close to that size.

I am not sure of the process, but, if you could presale enough to justify a run on them, what would that number be?

I would be in for this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd definitely buy it. I've held off buying a Predator hoping they come up with something a bit larger.

I've never been on an Assassin but my assault Klemz is about the same size as a Predator. I have a hard time executing the "pivot maneuver" on it, especially trees with some lean. Or with my boot blankets on.

I've thought about buying another old Assault and cutting off one less section. But I am worried at that point I'll put too much stress on the casting and break it.

I would like at least 2-3" more length on the platform to pull that off with minimal movement I think.

The thing about the Assassin is it is like 18" wide. I don't see the need to be that wide. It is the length of the platform away from the tree that is valuable real estate. The extra width I don't think does anything for me. I want the extra real estate to stand upright more comfortably for the weakside shot, and that is really all. Basically, as much as you can stretch the length, without needing cables, while staying in the sub 5 pound range. I think that is perfect

Also curious if we'll ever see a welded or even machined option. Somewhere along the line with LW and XOP this falsehood spread that anything but cast aluminum is loud. It's pure BS, I hunted 20 years out of welded Summits and Loggys that never made a squeek, creak, or pop.

Last edited:
I'd definitely buy it. I've held off buying a Predator hoping they come up with something a bit larger.

I've never been on an Assassin but my assault Klemz is about the same size as a Predator. I have a hard time executing the "pivot maneuver" on it, especially trees with some lean. Or with my boot blankets on.

I've thought about buying another old Assault and cutting off one less section. But I am worried at that point I'll put too much stress on the casting and break it.

I would like at least 2-3" more length on the platform to pull that off with minimal movement I think.

The thing about the Assassin is it is like 18" wide. I don't see the need to be that wide. It is the length of the platform away from the tree that is valuable real estate. The extra width I don't think does anything for me. I want the extra real estate to stand upright more comfortably for the weakside shot, and that is really all. Basically, as much as you can stretch the length, without needing cables, while staying in the sub 5 pound range. I think that is perfect

Also curious if we'll ever see a welded or even machined option. Somewhere along the line with LW and XOP this falsehood spread that anything but cast aluminum is loud. It's pure BS, I hunted 20 years out of welded Summits and Loggys that never made a squeek, creak, or pop.

I think there would be a market for an “XL” Predator in the 5lb range. Issue with machined vs cast would be cost I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might not be a matter of just making it larger. Maybe it would need reengineered because of added leverage and stress. IDK...just wondering.

I’d buy 2 of them

Especially if it’s lighter than my old Assassin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've spoke to tons of people who feel the same way. Unfortunately I don't have the brain power or engineering background for all that. I can assure you they' sell. If money is a huge deal, try to get a few investors. I know i'd consider investing a decent chunk of money. The money will come back.

I tried the predator it’s very compact easy to hang and solid on the tree . It’s just to small for what I feel is the ultimate platform. I traded for an assassin and it’s just a touch to big so I feel some where in the middle would work at about 5 lbs.
it’s nice to only carry say 3-4 lbs. but I carry it 20 minutes and stand on it 8-10 hours.
Best thing about the assassin is not the overall size being bigger is when you step down on it you know your on a rigged platform that isn’t going to move , flex , or break . I didn’t always feel that way on Xop seat or predator.

I really find it hard to believe that a big tree stand company like lone wolf hasn’t realized the market that’s out there right now for this stuff.

I really find it hard to believe that a big tree stand company like lone wolf hasn’t realized the market that’s out there right now for this stuff.
I was talking to the XOP guys earlier this year and they said they where working on something as they realize the need. No ETA though at the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was talking to the XOP guys earlier this year and they said they where working on something as they realize the need. No ETA though at the time.

I think they make good products at XOP hopefully it is a hit. I haven’t personally had my hands on a predator. They look great but saddle hunting is no different than tree stand hunting in that different guys are going to prefer different things. One guy may be totally in love with a small Klemz platform because he likes the weight savings. Another guy may go for the predator and yet another guy may want a six pound heavy duty platform.
Different strokes!

If anybody knows about the need it should be xop. For goodness sake, how many seat kits did they sell for platforms. Somebody over there had to say “why in the world are we seeking so many seats and bat wings”.

I'm curious what the market is. Wonder how many predators have been sold?

I normally do not like a platform. I am a steps guy
But I love the Gen 1 predator
Even when I wear size 11 mucks

I love it because it is small compact and light
I would only want a Gen 2 predator if mine broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
If anybody knows about the need it should be xop. For goodness sake, how many seat kits did they sell for platforms. Somebody over there had to say “why in the world are we seeking so many seats and bat wings”.
That was part of the discussion. They noticed it.

Back