• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How Many Sticks and Which Aider

PAridge_runner

How many sticks u using and with what aider also how many step aider and your average height your safely able to climb too. New to this, thnx!

3 sticks. 1 homemade 2 step aider that stays on the bottom stick. Height, I’m guessing around 20-25’.

Keep practicing my friend. Everyone here does things differently, you’ll find your system mainly through trial and error just like I did. I’m still coming up with new/better/more efficient ways to do things. Keep climbing and you’ll be a pro in no time.

3 sticks. 1 homemade 2 step aider that stays on the bottom stick. Height, I’m guessing around 20-25’.

Keep practicing my friend. Everyone here does things differently, you’ll find your system mainly through trial and error just like I did. I’m still coming up with new/better/more efficient ways to do things. Keep climbing and you’ll be a pro in no time.
.... and by trial and error he means buying thing....deciding theyre not quite right... buying something else... then making a lightweight aider for it... then deciding your aiders sucks so u buy one... then deciding ur not convinced or ur new system so you'll sell the original system and buy and new one...then youll sell whichever one of the remaining two you like least.... but you forget to sell the old one and now you have 3... you dont end up practicing with youe new one stick so the first time u use it is on opening day... then you go back to option 2 for the rest of season.... finally you decide youll just keep them all cuz what if someone wants to go with you sometime... also your wife just rolls her eyes about your hobbies and your 'crafts' in the garage so whatever... she spent more than you did on this stuff at starbucks this year, so even steven...

... then you see a sweet add for new stick prior to a meateater or THP youtube video....

.... and by trial and error he means buying thing....deciding theyre not quite right... buying something else... then making a lightweight aider for it... then deciding your aiders sucks so u buy one... then deciding ur not convinced or ur new system so you'll sell the original system and buy and new one...then youll sell whichever one of the remaining two you like least.... but you forget to sell the old one and now you have 3... you dont end up practicing with youe new one stick so the first time u use it is on opening day... then you go back to option 2 for the rest of season.... finally you decide youll just keep them all cuz what if someone wants to go with you sometime... also your wife just rolls her eyes about your hobbies and your 'crafts' in the garage so whatever... she spent more than you did on this stuff at starbucks this year, so even steven...

... then you see a sweet add for new stick prior to a meateater or THP youtube video....
Lol, I know how it works.

3x sticks and an aider. Sometimes less. Depends on where and how you hunt.

4 beast sticks with cable aiders 23-27 feet depending on lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 mini sticks with cable aiders 16 to 18 feet to top of stick
4 mini sticks with cable aiders 19 to 21 feet to top of stick.

I have 4, 30" hawk helium's and a hawk platform. I get from 21 - 25'. I made my own aiders out of 1/4" UHMWPE. My bottom stick has a double aider, the rest are single. The aiders are about 16", just long enough to go over the versa button when the steps are folded up.

My whole setup is 18 pounds, which is heavier than I wanted when I started this journey. Still, it is lighter and carries better than a climber or loc-on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This so true!!!!

Putting one sticking on hold for now.

I have 4 EWO 20” sticks and 17” BMG Versa aider. I get roughly 19-20 ft to the top stick without stretching.

3 36” hawks with DIY single step aiders on all 3, after that,I got a 20” helium stick with an amsteel 3 step…..rappelling down .not sure how high, but well above my 15’ladder stand I don’t go to anymore. Still working out the kinks, but one stick has my full attention at this point…….it is sooo much fun I’m bout to lose my mind! I climbed a tree twice today and then went to another place and climbed another and sat til dark. Both places I walked around trying to figure out which tree to climb……I have to wait til I’m in my 50’s to find out about this stuff?

Back