• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How many sticks?

Bowtech12

Just wondering how many sticks everyone seems to use? I use 3 beast sticks with a 2 step movable aider. I usually get my platform right around 15 feet
I think I’d like to Goto 20feet this year but just wondering if 4 sticks gets most guys there

Just wondering how many sticks everyone seems to use? I use 3 beast sticks with a 2 step movable aider. I usually get my platform right around 15 feet
I think I’d like to Goto 20feet this year but just wondering if 4 sticks gets most guys there
2 full size lone wolfs and a 18'' stick with a platform top step...so 2 and half sticks. multi step aider on first, single on second, and 2 step on final (which i also one stick with) gets me every bit of 20' easy. Throwing around some ideas for new sticks currently and will probably be 3 lightweight shorter sticks with that same 18'' stick i have.

3 sticks, one has a pull handle and cam cleat so if after 3 sticks I'm not high enough I can make a move with the last stick. Early season with less clothes, snow and ice everywhere I'll probably just onestick up. Weird twisting and branched trees are also easier to deal with multiple sticks.

I should probably turn my 3-step aider into mobile one, lot of climbing issues seem to come from aiders getting tangled.

I’ll be running 4 ones this year. 1 two step aider on bottom and 2 singles. Hoping to get to the 18-20’ mark.

When I used sticks to get up the tree, I used 4 full length Lone Wolf single step sticks with about a 36-inch aider for the bottom stick. That got me an honest 20 feet to my ring of steps. With 3 and the aider I was getting about 15.

I always bring enough stick/aider combinations to get me atleast 20’ if I need to get that high.

I was using 3 Tethrd one sticks with GC-One 4 step aider was getting 22 feet

Last edited:
I carry 3 with a 2 step CAYG aider. 20' without having to stretch out too much. A one stick move at the top if I need more. I go between one stick and multiple sticks. It just depends on the situation.

I sometimes only carry 3, but otherwise 4 full-length LW or XOP sticks get my short butt to between 17-20 feet high. I abhor climbing with aiders, but if I need a little extra height I can throw a nylon climbing sling around the bottom stick as an improvised aider. I find that 3 sticks gets me to around 15’.
I don’t love short, double-step sticks so I haven’t moved on from that classic LW/XOP style, though if I was going to get some new sticks I’d probably be looking at either the new Trophyline Hyperlite or the LWCG stuff simply for the weight. The hyperlites would definitely break the bank cuz I’d probably be needing 5 or 6 just to get past 15’; or the LWCG compacts because I vastly prefer a single-step design and their packability is right there with the best and sleekest.

Last edited:
3 sticks with cable aiders. Also carry couple squirrel steps just incase. This year I had great success hunting low. May carry two sticks and to steps this coming season.

Back