• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunters anonymous: looking for help!

ThePennsylvanian

Hello everyone, names Michael. I'm here because I'm a hunt-aholic.
I grabbed a beer last night, only to almost throw up when I took the first sip because a bottle of tinks had leaked.......
I haven't cleaned my truck since the second week of September...
I have used 43 hours of sick pay, and 52 hours of annual leave to hunt deer this year....
I missed two of my nephews birthday parties because I was in the saddle both days....
I missed a dentist appointment and a dr appt because I went hunting instead....
I'm on SH, hunting beast and onx more than my wife is on facebook....
I had to donate 2 additional deer this year because my freezer was full of meat and 2 hides, and I had no room....
I've already began planning my winter scouting and areas i want to put cameras, and I still have 3 more tags/4 more weeks of late season hunting to finish, and i plan on hunting......
I have a real problem, I cant focus 50% of the time at work, not just during hunting season, but all year because I am thinking up new hunting plans...

Any one have any suggestions that can help overcome the obsession.....

Hello everyone, names Michael. I'm here because I'm a hunt-aholic.
I grabbed a beer last night, only to almost throw up when I took the first sip because a bottle of tinks had leaked.......
I haven't cleaned my truck since the second week of September...
I have used 43 hours of sick pay, and 52 hours of annual leave to hunt deer this year....
I missed two of my nephews birthday parties because I was in the saddle both days....
I missed a dentist appointment and a dr appt because I went hunting instead....
I'm on SH, hunting beast and onx more than my wife is on facebook....
I had to donate 2 additional deer this year because my freezer was full of meat and 2 hides, and I had no room....
I've already began planning my winter scouting and areas i want to put cameras, and I still have 3 more tags/4 more weeks of late season hunting to finish, and i plan on hunting......
I have a real problem, I cant focus 50% of the time at work, not just during hunting season, but all year because I am thinking up new hunting plans...

Any one have any suggestions that can help overcome the obsession.....

Only way to overcome that is to go hunting...

Yes, read up all you can on CWD, that will take the wind out of your sail.

I suspected that the responses would be as such.. lol...
My wife has been awesome, I only really get the look when I push the envelope a bit, like missing the birthdays.... she's tolerant. But man do I really struggle to get things done when the seasons open..I'm behind on fire wood.. behind on building the nursery... behind at work..
It's to the point that have 4 alarms to wake for work, but when I get to go hunting I'm up before my alarms and have to remember to turn them off.

Funny I was just thinking this early this morning. “Man I wonder if I’ll ever wake up not thinking about big bucks”. I’ve always been crazy about deer hunting but it has definitely reached a diagnosable level. The deeper you dig the harder it is to come back out. Haha. Coworkers have made comments “that’s literally all you think about isn’t it” and you can’t really argue. Haha. I got a kick out of Infalt when he said you look your wife in the face and tell her you love her but your thinking about that big buck. I joke with my dad that it’s almost comparable to a heroin addiction. The crazy situations I find myself in chasing big bucks. Sometimes I have to pause and laugh about it. There’s nothing like it. That’s why it’s so damn addicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy it while you can my friend.. your life is about to change.

I suffer from the same affliction and I'm luckier than most with the amount of time I can put in during the season.. but my time was easily cut in half.
Well this is #3, finally got a boy on the way.... so hopefully someday he'll be helping me with this "disease".... hahahaha

Back