• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I’m nervous to post this

Ckwilli

SH Member
My father in law has an old PSE compound that he wants gone because he’s tired of looking at it. How do I know if it’s a warfable candidate? I’ve been thinking about trying traditional archery but the bow choices kinda make my head spin after a bit. I’m kinda liking the idea of warfing a bow instead of a sage or something similar. I’ll know more about the bow in a day or so but I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions for you all. BTW I blame all of this on you guys!

Sorry, never mind. I thought I saw where some of you trad guys used the term warf in reference to converting old compound bows. Apparently I was mistaken. Please disregard and the admin can delete this post.

Sorry, never mind. I thought I saw where some of you trad guys used the term warf in reference to converting old compound bows. Apparently I was mistaken. Please disregard and the admin can delete this post.
I was just kidding, thats what I do….. I know nothing about traditional archery. I am doing all I can to kill em with a compound…

That’s actually pretty cool

I've never heard of this being a thing. But I find it fascinating. Let us know if you give it a try.

Once you know what version PSE bow, search on tradtalk (use Google, and include site:tradtalk.com instead of using their internal search) and you'll likely find out your answer. (If you get no results... It's likely not a great candidate) I've been toying with the idea of trad and warfing, that's how I have been researching so far...

Once you know what version PSE bow, search on tradtalk (use Google, and include site:tradtalk.com instead of using their internal search) and you'll likely find out your answer. (If you get no results... It's likely not a great candidate) I've been toying with the idea of trad and warfing, that's how I have been researching so far...
Thanks, that’s good information.

My father in law has an old PSE compound that he wants gone because he’s tired of looking at it. How do I know if it’s a warfable candidate? I’ve been thinking about trying traditional archery but the bow choices kinda make my head spin after a bit. I’m kinda liking the idea of warfing a bow instead of a sage or something similar. I’ll know more about the bow in a day or so but I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions for you all. BTW I blame all of this on you guys!

“Old pse compound bow”

?

What’s with all the traditional talk of it’s a compound?

Warfing is a thing @Razorbak66 may be able to give you some insight. I’ve never done it. I have an old PSE though too abd he abt thought about doing it before. There’s a sweet warfable old bear in predator camo in the classifieds right now as well for 25$ but isnt left Handed or I’d have it already.

The bow I picked up is a PSE Edge. Not sure if it will convert or not. I may end up leaving it as is and shooting it with fingers till I find out more. BTW does anyone know anything about the cabelas warden or Vista monarch bows? Someone gave me a cabelas gift card.

Depend on the angle of the pocket. Most old compound bow can be warf (converting a old compound bow riser into a ILF compatible riser, term coined by one of the first person who did it in honor of his dog, Warf.)

Here is a picture of my PSE riser converted next to a Samick Sage riser

BTW, some of the hardcore warfers take offense if you dont get the terminology right. Warf is making a bow ILF compatible, if you are just slapping traditional bow limbs on a old compound bow riser, its a 'frankenbow'.

1668113685196.png

Here is a guy that sell plates that you can just install into the riser and simply slap some ILF limbs. He has a basic list of risers that are warf compatible.

The bow I picked up is a PSE Edge. Not sure if it will convert or not. I may end up leaving it as is and shooting it with fingers till I find out more. BTW does anyone know anything about the cabelas warden or Vista monarch bows? Someone gave me a cabelas gift card.

Back