• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I may be in the doghouse.......

Do it and ask for forgiveness later. I like it. If you use an aider or two step aider or swaider you can get almost 14’ with two sticks.

My sneaky wife unit signed up for daily alerts from the Post Office so she can see everything that arrives...”Oh, I ordered those awhile ago Dear...they were back ordered and I’m just now getting them.”

She already has my tombstone engraving picked out. “That’s not what I paid for it... I got a really good deal!”

I’m actually going to use my Shikars to trim trees in the yard. “My WE Steps aren’t safe for that Dear.”

Bought some shikars on the sly...

When the wife finds out....

Only purchased 2 for now...easing in to this

One problem with this route..if she shuts me off, i will only be hunting from about 8 foot height this season
YOU CAN MAKE UP SOME 12 STEP AIDERS..

I work 4/10s for about a year now. Can't ever beat her home to get mail and shipments, unless it's a Friday. I've been using " it's safety gear dear." Lately. Ship-to-store works to!

I mentioned something to her today in passing....

"Hey..I picked up 2 of those little climbing sticks."

Hahaha.....hopefully little...associates with low cost

My wife asks the brand and the model of stuff. Then she looks it up at her leisure.

I just wait for it. Sometimes she comments the same day and sometimes she saves it for an opportune moment. She NEVER forgets.

I always remind her that all of my stuff has good resale value and as I do buy and sell she knows it's true.

I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't go to the bars...anymore. I work hard, and I don't spend carelessly. My hunting is the game that keeps me sane. I just tell her that meat is expensive to buy at the store and if she wants to keep the freezer full I'm going to need some supplies. She'll never know that the venison I provide the family since I started saddle hunting is about 50.00 a pound. Hey, I need the safety gear. That's right boys, I lie my ass off. hahahaha

Bought some shikars on the sly...

When the wife finds out....

Only purchased 2 for now...easing in to this

One problem with this route..if she shuts me off, i will only be hunting from about 8 foot height this season
Just one stick. Sell the other one and bought a rappel setup.

I'm with @Kurt. No drugs (quit tobacco), don't drink regularly but do enjoy a beer from time to time, don't do the bar scene. I worked dumb hours and days to get to where I am. I shuttle kids, go to dance recitals and volley ball games and don't fuss.

She also got a replacement wedding ring cause she lost hers. And the deal was, I didn't want to hear about my hunting spending. Done deal

Back