• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ice fishing

Huntaholic

Any body ice fish on here? I started this year, its addictive and I love it!

Absolutely! I am a fan. Spent my lunch hour checking local ice. And a few minutes after work working on my Smitty sled. Hoping to get out this weekend!

It is one of my addictions. I like it more than open water fishing.

e25f4a3561efb527020a1a90204127eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a lot of Ice fishing as a kid on Lake Erie, and some of the inland Michigan lakes, with my uncle. Good times. Last time I was out was about seven years ago, before he died. He had all the fun toys, gadgets, gear, and shanty that made it a bunch of fun.

I don't think lakes freeze in Kentucky, so I think those days are done.

Not much more in life that's as relaxing as sitting on a bucket with the wind at your back.
I was cleaning perch at 4 am this morning, wondering if I was the only one with the addiction.
Here's some of the biggest(9" fillet) total was 36 perch. 16 shoulda swam away but ice has been sparse this season and the kids like fish sticks...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-123617.png
    Screenshot_20200125-123617.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Not much more in life that's as relaxing as sitting on a bucket with the wind at your back.
I was cleaning perch at 4 am this morning, wondering if I was the only one with the addiction.
Here's some of the biggest(9" fillet) total was 36 perch. 16 shoulda swam away but ice has been sparse this season and the kids like fish sticks...

One of my favorite pastimes. There is noting better tasting than perch and crappie pulled out of ice cold water. We eat them almost once a week. My latest favorite are fish tacos. Salt and pepper then throw them in hot butter. Shred veggies, homemade salsa and shred some cheese. Throw it in a soft shell and top it with some tartar sauce. YUM!

Back