• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

If it fits it ships

Can confirm a Virginia deer will also fit in the trunk of a Volvo S60. My wife was NOT impressed. Also, would NOT recommend draping a blood covered tarp over the car to spray it off. I thought I was sneakies until I saw the wife staring through the storm door with an “I can’t believe you thought that was a good idea” look on her face which was followed by a “just wait until the kids aren’t in earshot” expression.

Plenty of trunk room in the Civic for this little doe I shot in september... Hoping to test it on another/larger specimen soon...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-140413.png
    Screenshot_20211102-140413.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
Can confirm a Virginia deer will also fit in the trunk of a Volvo S60. My wife was NOT impressed. Also, would NOT recommend draping a blood covered tarp over the car to spray it off. I thought I was sneakies until I saw the wife staring through the storm door with an “I can’t believe you thought that was a good idea” look on her face which was followed by a “just wait until the kids aren’t in earshot” expression.
You should've seen the look on my germaphobe wife's face when I told her "trust me, there's no blood on the car seat in the back"... It was a mix of relief, disbelief, and fury all in one. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I'm glad I got my Baja before I ever got my first deer. I had gotten a body bag just in case I got it while I had my Legacy, but that never happened (there were some light hearted reviews for it on Amazon).

I had to wonder between buying the body bag, guns, and NFA items, how many watch lists I ended up on...
Side note, how do you like your baja?

Side note, how do you like your baja?
The ABS doesn't work, the exhaust is broken, and it feels like a cheap lawnmower can outrun it. And yet I can't see myself getting rid of it. It's really all the truck I need, at least in this stage of my life, and I really like driving something smaller as opposed to bigger. I think it was ahead of its time, given the current hype around the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz. There's rumors of the Baja coming back, being based on the Ascent. I feel like that might reduce some of the drivability of the original Baja.

My next vehicle is most likely going to be an F150 Lightning, mainly due to the lower maintenance needs and frunk. Really though, I wish they would do that to the Maverick, since the F150 is much more truck than I need.

The ABS doesn't work, the exhaust is broken, and it feels like a cheap lawnmower can outrun it. And yet I can't see myself getting rid of it. It's really all the truck I need, at least in this stage of my life, and I really like driving something smaller as opposed to bigger. I think it was ahead of its time, given the current hype around the Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz. There's rumors of the Baja coming back, being based on the Ascent. I feel like that might reduce some of the drivability of the original Baja.

My next vehicle is most likely going to be an F150 Lightning, mainly due to the lower maintenance needs and frunk. Really though, I wish they would do that to the Maverick, since the F150 is much more truck than I need.
Gotcha. I started noticing them after i bought my forester and while I think they are a crappy truck, they're a perfect car with a place to put a dead animal...

That’s why I bought my outback. It’s a kid hauling, grocery getting AWD that’ll carry my hunting stuff and tow a 2700# trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y’all know cargo carriers are like $50 lol that being said this is a good thread
Yeah. In my defense my hunt was a last minute unplanned evolution so I didn’t have time to purchase one. Also, my sequoia is only used for hunting and wheeling so I don’t mind getting blood in it.

Back