• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It’s on next week!

20 degree difference from today to tomorrow here. Rain supposed to move out overnight, low 40’s a lot of north wind when I wake up. Time to bust out the bibs.

Temps supposed to drop here In Maryland this coming Monday into Tuesday. Start my week and half Rutcation this coming Tuesday. Perfect timing!!!

On Vaca from the 28th to the 19th. Still gunna hold off on my very best stands till the 8th for the big boys to get movin
Curious why the 8th is your target date to think they’ll be moving then. Not a criticism, just trying to learn different perspectives. If I remember correctly you hunt private ground but correct me if I’m wrong, maybe that plays into things for you.

Highs in low 30's and upper 20's with a good chance of 1-3inches of snow in north central Nebraska this weekend. I wanted a cool down....but that's colder than I am ready for.

Anybody get your saddle over over some Sitka fanatic bibs?

Man, all you guys with 2 and 3 week vacations....I'm jealous. I need to save some PTO next year to take a week off in rut. I had last week off for a scheduled draw hunt and came up empty. All out of PTO for the year.

BT
Everyone in different spots in jobs and lives here. Cool thing is you’ll see some folks arrow a giant on a weekend morning before they needed to get to their daughters dance recital and some put in 82 hours after their target on the 2-3 weeks they have worked many years to get time off for. Best deer camp out there, even if we can can’t share chili.

Highs in low 30's and upper 20's with a good chance of 1-3inches of snow in north central Nebraska this weekend. I wanted a cool down....but that's colder than I am ready for.

Anybody get your saddle over over some Sitka fanatic bibs?
I wear mine over TrueTimber bibs so I’m sure you’ll be fine with your Sitka. Busting mine out for tomorrow in Iowa. Works just fine. Little extra padding for an all day sit.

Curious why the 8th is your target date to think they’ll be moving then. Not a criticism, just trying to learn different perspectives. If I remember correctly you hunt private ground but correct me if I’m wrong, maybe that plays into things for you.
Ive got 3 years of cam data and hundreds of hours on stand during the rut. I just don't ever see the mature deer till around the 8th on thru the 20th. I'll get a zillion 90 inch deer the first week.
All archery hunting is public. I only rifle hunt on private

Everyone in different spots in jobs and lives here. Cool thing is you’ll see some folks arrow a giant on a weekend morning before they needed to get to their daughters dance recital and some put in 82 hours after their target on the 2-3 weeks they have worked many years to get time off for. Best deer camp out there, even if we can can’t share chili.
Can't say I've put in many years to get that time off. Started with 4 weeks Vaca and get my fifth at 5 years. Plus I work a 3 on 3 off so I'm off half the season anyway. :tearsofjoy:

I’m blessed with age and longevity so I get five weeks a year. I’m also blessed to be able to take time off when I want (for the most part) as long as my colleagues are good with it. Thankfully, they really always are. Hmmmmm. Anyway, Very awesome people and put up with my hunting addiction. That being said, I pick and choose and try to take the best days and not large blocks all at once to keep me able to focus on both my job and hunting and family needs. So far I’m planning on tomorrow and the 30th and 31st then a couple of days that first week in November. I’ve had the best luck as they ramp up to the peak which here is always between Election Day and Veterans Day.

Back