• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

John Eberhart's COMPLETE scent control routine and minivan hunting rig setup.

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Yeah, you guys are going to want to watch this...

Does "The Saddle Hunter Effect" apply to vehicles? If so, you guys might want to buy some stock in Toyota. Not gonna lie, @John Eberhart makes me want to convert to a Mommy Wagon of Death. It's so convenient to do everything inside the vehicle!

Also...there's no blaming me for this one. I'm not even in the video!!!!!

Ive met John, been to several events where he talked. Always nice to be around a positive person. I had a mini van, loved it for the same reasons John mentioned. That all being said, no wonder he needs a mini van.....I could never haul all that gear in my truck. lol

John if you read this.....heres a tip from one old guy to another. Set up a folding cot for those trips out west where you can lay down while your younger hunting partner drives.

John if you read this.....heres a tip from one old guy to another. Set up a folding cot for those trips out west where you can lay down while your younger hunting partner drives.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely the worst advice ever on this site. You obviously have never seen what happens in a crash when people don’t wear seatbelts. I have many times and it never gets easier. Always wear a seatbelt. They work and save lives.

John if you read this.....heres a tip from one old guy to another. Set up a folding cot for those trips out west where you can lay down while your younger hunting partner drives.

Absolutely the worst advice ever on this site. You obviously have never seen what happens in a crash when people don’t wear seatbelts. I have many times and it never gets easier. Always wear a seatbelt. They work and save lives.[/QUOTE]

Yep gotta be the worst. Lol Hey I appreciate your concern for safety, we all have to weigh our risks.

Yeah, you guys are going to want to watch this...

Does "The Saddle Hunter Effect" apply to vehicles? If so, you guys might want to buy some stock in Toyota. Not gonna lie, @John Eberhart makes me want to convert to a Mommy Wagon of Death. It's so convenient to do everything inside the vehicle!

Also...there's no blaming me for this one. I'm not even in the video!!!!!

Thanks for doing this. It answered a good many of questions I had in regards to Johns procedure.

Awesome, thanks for posting, interesting about the face mask, I thought John was wearing them in, didn't know it had to do with your face touching vegitation, will definitly change things for me! I was curious about the safety pins as well, thanks for asking @Erniepower, I wonder what he does with his rain gear, I'd hate to punch a bunch of holes in all that nice Rivers West rain gear.

Things got a little weird when he starting unbuckling his belt after he just lured two grown men into a van. 'You guys wanna see my scent control regimen?' :tearsofjoy:

Thought it was a little weird myself....two grown men watching another dude dress....inside a mini van...on the side of the road....

Good video. John is definitely dedicated and has faith in his system. I like his old safety belt. That was the first one I had.

Scent control in the south just doesn't work. I could never wear all those clothes walking in I'd leave a bucket of sweat along the way. Use the wind. I moved twice yesterday hunt because wind/thermals required it..... that's why I love my system, it is mobile and quiet.
I hunt in the north but i still dont really do anything for scent control. I dont have the patience for it and when i did used to practice it i got winded just the same if the wind switched on me. Like you say, hunt the wind- if it does something you didnt expect, move - adapt and overcome.

Scent control in the south just doesn't work. I could never wear all those clothes walking in I'd leave a bucket of sweat along the way. Use the wind. I moved twice yesterday hunt because wind/thermals required it..... that's why I love my system, it is mobile and quiet.

I tried this last year, opening day and thought I was going to die. What a huge mistake!

Here’s what I don’t understand. How do you walk out into the field with no scent protection for your head, climb up a tree, and then cover your head with scent protection and not leave your scent all the way to the tree and around the base of the tree on your way up?
Am I missing something here? I understand that once you’re up in the tree you are (theoretically) covering your scent, but hasn’t the damage already been done?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back