• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JRB Climbing method

Jtaylor

SH Member
So I'm not sure if he's a forum member but I stumbled across this a couple weeks ago in a quest to be fully tied off and as safe as possible getting up the tree. Anyone have any comments/concerns? Apologies if this has already been discussed and posted!

Just not a fan of trying to throw a ball over a branch in the dark. Then trying to find a tree with branches can be another issue. Lastly your trusting a branch you can only see/inspect visually from the ground.

Just not a fan of trying to throw a ball over a branch in the dark. Then trying to find a tree with branches can be another issue. Lastly your trusting a branch you can only see/inspect visually from the ground.
I thought about this too. There are a couple methods of using a telescopic pole (similar to what window washers use) to get up and over a limb rather than tossing a ball. The poles I've seen collapse down fairly small and could be a method when hunting a new location without pre-sets. Trees with branches aren't really an issue in the areas I hunt. I have more of an issue finding trees without. Good points though, thanks!

Back