• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 and one sticking

Rutman

SH Member
Who’s using a JX3 for one sticking? How are you carrying your repel rope? I used one for the first time last night that a buddy of mine just bought. I liked it but have concerns about one sticking with it. Seems a little funky reaching down to grab the stick. Since there’s no dump pouches, just wondering how you’re carrying the repel rope. I did a search and didn’t find a specific topic on the JX3 and one sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who’s using a JX3 for one sticking? How are you carrying your repel rope? I used one for the first time last night that a buddy of mine just bought. I liked it but have concerns about one sticking with it. Seems a little funky reaching down to grab the stick. Since there’s no dump pouches, just wondering how you’re carrying the repel rope. I did a search and didn’t find a specific topic on the JX3 and one sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some guys where doing it if you read thru all the pages in the "little crush jx3" thread.
Me personally I now it limits my move on a rope. If you lean to far forward you want to slide out of the seat.
So it will take you more moves and a little longer. But the pay off is your in the JX3 at height.
There is a trade off associated.

I have a dump pouch on my chest pack that I use to carry my rope. I also have dump pouches on each side of my JX3. I don't keep rope in those but you could. I like the chest rig as it balances out the weight of the JX3 and makes it more comfortable to carry. I use the side pouches for my linesman and ring of steps but I mostly have them to keep stuff in while hunting. I do lose some distance per move when one sticking but the JX3's comfort is worth to costs for me.

When using my JX3 (which is rarely), I wear my old lightweight Tethrd Mantis for the climb and rappel.

I have a dump pouch on both sides of my JX3. The one on the right carries my rappel rope. One sticking is easy with the JX3. Just offset to the right of your rope and lean down to the left to grab your stick. I feel I get the same distance each move as I do with a regular saddle, but I have an amsteel bridge so it easier to lean to the side.

I have a dump pouch on both sides of my JX3. The one on the right carries my rappel rope. One sticking is easy with the JX3. Just offset to the right of your rope and lean down to the left to grab your stick. I feel I get the same distance each move as I do with a regular saddle, but I have an amsteel bridge so it easier to lean to the side.
X2, except I use the regular bridge.

And I highly recommend using the JX3 wide top climbing stick to climb with and as your platform. So much better than ROS and plenty climable as a 1-stick.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I only use one small molle pouch for my gear strap, and bow holder. My rappel rope, and retrieval rope just get clipped on to the JX 3 while stored. I also use the rappel rope to pull up my saddle bag, and the retrieval rope pulls up my bow or rifle. The saddle bag holds all my extra clothing and water, game bags, knives, flashlights…I also have a small lumbar pillow tied to the JX 3 for those long sits. I’m old, and have been in the bad back club for a while which is the entire reason I use the JX 3. Unsurpassed comfort. Don’t form an opinion on just one try with it. The JX 3 can be an acquired taste, and can take a few hunts before you appreciate all that it will do. I am new to one sticking as well, and have never done it with anything other than my JX 3. I use the JX 3 top stick with 3 step aider, and I’m getting around 4 1/2 feet per move.

IMG_8965.jpeg

Last edited:
Back