• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kamado grills

swampsnyper

After 13 years of wanting one, but not having the place to have one out of the weather, I finally bit the bullet. I actually designed my back porch to have an outdoor kitchen under roof just to have this grill. Still not moved into the new house but a man has got to have priorities right! So my plan is to cook when family comes visit for thanksgiving and put them to work while they are here so we can get closer to moving in.
I’ll fry a turkey and smoke 2 Boston butts, 4 racks of ribs, and try a few pizzas on the grill. Can’t wait!

1d09c17c37703f2d6d28613df6e9882c.jpg

Dang..... that’s a nice grill!

I have got to figure out what I am going to do when our current grill that’s out. It is a HEAVY beast with a gas grill on one side, and an offset smoker on the other. The offset just isn’t sealed well enough, or designed properly for good smoking temps. It really is just a smoky grill...

I am kind of tempted to go the Traeger for the “set it and forget it” aspect, but the Kamado and Green Eggs just look soo cool to cook with.

My dad has had a green egg for 15 years at least. He has made some amazing food on that thing. I think you will be happy!

Bought a large BGE this summer after spending a decade waffling on the decision. Burned thru enough smokers and grills during that time I could have had two eggs

Built a table out of bulk cedar and some 4x4s I had in the shop. I probably cook on it at least 3 nights a week - good lump should give you several cooks. I'm a fan of the 35 lb bags of Fogo.

Check out ceramicgrillstore.com for accessories and deals.

fb686c581e3bc1c03314dc2324a449b8.jpg
aa056d66d75717432b098c374a178432.jpg
2b9adc52cae79730b69ae746a192e07d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Kamado Joe classic II. It’s awesome. I got a raise at work. Like a 2 dollar an hour raise, I have so much extra money I putt another 5% into my retirement plan. Then I financed a Joe. It’s awesome. I have smoked butts on it, done beef ribs, pork belly’s, chickens, reverse seared steaks, and pastrami. I made gumbo, collard greens, Swiss chard, mustard greens, pot roast, and chili on that thing. I make pizza, like a good 600 degree thin crust, or my favorite a 900 degree 2 minute Margaret’s pizza. I eat low carb and I suffer the after effects for Joe cooked pizza. I want to make sourdough on it but that would be pushing it. I grill on it obviously, but dang does it make the best steak. You talk about a hard sear. The first thing I made on it was a steak and Brussels sprouts. The sprouts where almost as good as frying them in duck fat. Seriously, get you some duck fat. Stuff you grill gets better. Smoked meats are juicier. It roasts like no other. I can’t wait for thanksgiving. I’m roasting my turkey in my Joe. And don’t worry about the temp. I will get her to 350 and it can stay there for hours and hours. I’m cooking a 23lb bird. Should take me about 6 hours. It’s going to be awesome.

A little off track, but I'm hoping for the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone Smoker for Christmas. Fingers crossed.
I have been eye balling that one as well. If Santa is nice enough to get you one let us know how you like it.

A little off track, but I'm hoping for the Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone Smoker for Christmas. Fingers crossed.
My brother has that grill and its amazing. My parents have a traeger and I would take the Green Mountain every day of the week and twice on Friday.

My brother has that grill and its amazing. My parents have a traeger and I would take the Green Mountain every day of the week and twice on Friday.
I watched a lot of side by side reviews/comparisons on YouTube and it seems like the way to go for sure. Heavier/more durable materials plus the wifi option is pretty dang cool.

Ten years ago I said I'd never pay that much for a grill. After throwing away a gas grill that I paid good money for because the bottom rusted out I bought a Big Green Egg. Best thing I ever done. If anything ever happened to it I'd by another one in a heartbeat. You can do so much more with it and food taste so much better with lump charcoal. Enjoy it I know I do

I have used a char griller akorn kamado grill for the last 6 years and it has been worth every penny. It’s nearing retirement age and I’ll be upgrading to a BGE or similar when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got a Kamado Joe this summer. I cookon it almost every day. I want to bake a sourdough on in but 8 don’t eat the carbs. I will cheat and make pizza now and then though. There is a low carb crust I really like made of cheese and eggs with a little coconut flour but you blind bake it first and I like the four water yeast and salt crust when you blast that puppy at 600 for 6 minutes, or better yet 900 for 2 minutes!!! But seriously this thing makes the best food. I haven’t made anything I haven’t loved in it yet, and I burned some stuff! Everything comes out moist and delicious. I made a lamb roast yesterday on it. I did chicken wings the day before. Steaks come out awesome. I like making al pastor on it, but I want t9 get the jotiserie and spin that pork!

Get a
I have used a char griller akorn kamado grill for the last 6 years and it has been worth every penny. It’s nearing retirement age and I’ll be upgrading to a BGE or similar when the time comes.

Kamado Joe. It’s a teeny bit cheaper than BGE and it comes with a nest and heat deflectors already. BGE charges you for all that stuff.

Get a

Kamado Joe. It’s a teeny bit cheaper than BGE and it comes with a nest and heat deflectors already. BGE charges you for all that stuff.

The ash tray and hinge lid design is what sold me on the Joe over the BGE. Plus BGE owners telling me if they would do it again, they would get the Joe.

I have had an Akorn for close to 10 years. I bought it with the intention of trying the komado style ro see if I liked it and then upgrading when I needed to. It is still going strong so I haven't had to upgrade yet. When I do it will likely be a kamado joe though. And I definitely will. I love cooking on that style of grill.

I have had an Akorn for close to 10 years. I bought it with the intention of trying the komado style ro see if I liked it and then upgrading when I needed to. It is still going strong so I haven't had to upgrade yet. When I do it will likely be a kamado joe though. And I definitely will. I love cooking on that style of grill.

Mine took a few lumps over the years lol... FIL dumped it off his deck and wife shut the garage door on one of the folding shelves. Plus the interior charcoal basket is started to fall apart. If I get a few more years out of mine I’d be surprised. Still almost 10 years out of it...

Back