• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel Flex Replica

LarryB52

So I recent found out my aunt is a sewing freak. With that in mind, I'm pursuing the thought of having her make me a saddle. My question is what materials would I need to mimic a Kestrel Flex?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Since your making it for you I would leave out the flex portion and start with a kestrel. Then if you decide you need a bigger seat add a little material down the middle. The flex is great because it fits more people but why have a saddle that will do a decent job of fitting others instead of a great job fitting you.

Could not agree more with this. And there are print-able patterns on here for the kestrel. Would just have to tweak to your liking!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

After thinking about it, I believe that would be a better course of action. Do you mind pointing me in the direction od those patterns? I'm using my phone and I haven't been very successful at navigating the forum.

That's where I was thinking it was too...but I didn't see it in a quick scan. I'll do a little more looking when I have some free time today. I may have saved it to my computer as well. I'll see what I can find.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
That was VERY helpful. Thank you all. The OP did an amazing job on his.

I have just started mine on an old singer, I have just posted up in the DIY under meet Betsy,regards and good luck with your build,regards wayne

Here you go. Just have to cut each one in half to make the four pieces. I made this and a mantis-ish clone. I prefer the mantis but I'm mostly a leaner. If you prefer to sit, the kestrel clone will be better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
View attachment 15155

Not sure if it posted or not. You can download it from the previous mentioned post though. Definitely easy to make.

I have just started mine on an old singer, I have just posted up in the DIY under meet Betsy,regards and good luck with your build,regards wayne
Awesome man! I'll check it out. I'm still researching and shopping around for materials. I've looked at doublestep and REI. Are there any others? Good luck with yours as well!

Here you go. Just have to cut each one in half to make the four pieces. I made this and a mantis-ish clone. I prefer the mantis but I'm mostly a leaner. If you prefer to sit, the kestrel clone will be better.

View attachment 15155
Great staring point. Thank you! I'm not sure which I am yet. I've never had the opportunity to see one in person.

Not sure if it posted or not. You can download it from the previous mentioned post though. Definitely easy to make.

It said I didn't have permission to open it. Are you referring to the Colby attack PDFs?

I'll try to figure out the issue. I never had it attach like this before using Tapatalk. I may have to use my computer but won't be able to do that until tonight as I am not at home. It can also be opened under the link to the post that Wayne r shared.

Back