• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel hip pinch

320thmp

Hey guys. Been in my kestrel for an hour now and the hip pinch is actually to the point that it's painful. Not sure how much longer I will last but unless I am missing something this thing is horrible. The bottom strap is completely loose if I tighten it at all the pinch gets worse. I am a size 36 waist. I have a size 1 saddle. Is there any chance a size 2 would help this ? If not I gotta stick with the web. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I experience the exact same hip pinch in my kestrel. Ive tried longer bridge, shorter bridge......still uncomfortable. Im a 34 waist and I also have a size 1 saddle. I love the idea of saddle hunting and Im committed to the process but Im certainly not comfortable in the kestrel. I literally have bruises from 2 hours in the kestrel.

I experience the exact same hip pinch in my kestrel. Ive tried longer bridge, shorter bridge......still uncomfortable. Im a 34 waist and I also have a size 1 saddle. I love the idea of saddle hunting and Im committed to the process but Im certainly not comfortable in the kestrel. I literally have bruises from 2 hours in the kestrel.
Yes agreed. I feel like I am bruising as we speak. It's to bad cause I have been saddle hunting for 4 years now. Really like it. But hunting shouldn't be painful. I have always used the aero Hunter and web. Hopefully someone has some advice on here. If not I'll have one for sale lol

The only way Ive found to make it comfortable is to stand completely on a platform which is unfortunate because you are standing the entire time.

The only way Ive found to make it comfortable is to stand completely on a platform which is unfortunate because you are standing the entire time.
Yeah I'm not doing that... Defeats the purpose of having a saddle. I use screw in steps around the tree. Never have any issues with the web. This is so light and compact. I wish I couod make it work. It's like torture sitting here. Lol.

I’m sure someone will help you out. All I hear is good reviews. I’m a 34 as well. Mines on the way. I hope I don’t have the same problem. I’ll be following this thread.
By any chance, have you used a sitdrag before. That’s what I’m in now and it’s ok for me. Just wondering. Maybe that style isn’t for you.

I’m sure someone will help you out. All I hear is good reviews. I’m a 34 as well. Mines on the way. I hope I don’t have the same problem. I’ll be following this thread.
By any chance, have you used a sitdrag before. That’s what I’m in now and it’s ok for me. Just wondering. Maybe that style isn’t for you.
No never had sit drag. I've got two modified big buck slings with a sewn in bridge. Web and had the aero Hunter. It's possible I just need the size 2 but I'll wait for some advice from guys here

again as I said in an earlier post......after the hunt I had on Sat. morning.....the sit drag has not officially been hung up. The preacher stand for me until (if) I find something better.

Size one is fine. How long is your bridge? How high is your tether. Where is the saddle sitting under your butt?

Size one is fine. How long is your bridge? How high is your tether. Where is the saddle sitting under your butt?
Ok the bridge including beaner is 42" now. I had it shorter but lengthened it in tree trying to fix this issue. Tether is nose height. The top strap of saddle is riding just above my butt crack for lack of better words. The bottom is where my butt ends and back of upper thigh begins.

Ok the bridge including beaner is 42" now. I had it shorter but lengthened it in tree trying to fix this issue. Tether is nose height. The top strap of saddle is riding just above my butt crack for lack of better words. The bottom is where my butt ends and back of upper thigh begins.

The adjustment straps are completely loose on both sides. If I tighten them even just a little it makes the pinch worse

Where exactly are the pressure points and what part of the saddle is applying the pressure.
Pressure points are right before both the upper and lower strap lose contact with my body. Right at my hips on both sides. There's 4 pressure points if that makes sense ?

Where exactly are the pressure points and what part of the saddle is applying the pressure.
So if I grab the big loops on both sides of my body that both ends of the bridge are attached to and spread them apart it relieves pressure. Feels like it's squeezing my hips.

See if you can lower the saddle on your butt a little. Also keep your waistbelt loose when you're hanging. See if that helps. You're gonna have to fool around with it on the ground and see what works for you.

Pressure points are right before both the upper and lower strap lose contact with my body. Right at my hips on both sides. There's 4 pressure points if that makes sense ?

Yeah I follow. How short did you try the bridge?
Could you have the saddle tucked under your butt too much? Have you tried bunching the saddle together making a smaller foot print on your bottom? I have no experience with the kestrel yet. Just suggesting things I’ve heard help others.

Yeah I follow. How short did you try the bridge?
Could you have the saddle tucked under your butt too much? Have you tried bunching the saddle together making a smaller foot print on your bottom? I have no experience with the kestrel yet. Just suggesting things I’ve heard help others.
Had bridge at 28" before. Haven't bunched it but lowered and raised. Still pinches

See if you can lower the saddle on your butt a little. Also keep your waistbelt loose when you're hanging. See if that helps. You're gonna have to fool around with it on the ground and see what works for you.
Waist belt loose. It feels like it's wrapping around my body and squeezing that's why I thought maybe it's to small

I tried a longer bridge with mine and experienced some hip pinch so went back to a short bridge around 24" with a nose level hookup and it's great. I'm roughly a 32" waist 170lbs in a size 1. I'm mainly a leaner though but do sit some. Are you trying to straddle the tree? is that when you are getting pinched?

Back