• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for an easy solution

Swampwalker

SH Member
Getting ready to prep some trees for bolts. Had picked up a RCH last year (Alpine bod). Just realized it doesn't have dedicated linesman loops. Nothing new here as I've been reading. Being a knot novice, I've been looking for something with the loops (linesman) and not of Chinese origin. Willing to spend the money, just haven't come across anything minimalist. Any simple ideas?

Sorry if it doesn't fit the bill, I didn't look close

Getting ready to prep some trees for bolts. Had picked up a RCH last year (Alpine bod). Just realized it doesn't have dedicated linesman loops. Nothing new here as I've been reading. Being a knot novice, I've been looking for something with the loops (linesman) and not of Chinese origin. Willing to spend the money, just haven't come across anything minimalist. Any simple ideas?
Does the RCH have a weight rated loop at the back? If so, what I did was run 1" tubular webbing through that and then tie water knots at each end with about 5 inches of climbing rope inside the tubing to give it support. Then I zip tied the ends to keep things in place. I have used this one for years. This one is a Black Diamond Colouir harness. It has a weight rated loop on the center back. Of course, as always, do any of this at your own risk.

Attachments

• Black diamond colour harness.jpg
    Black diamond colour harness.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 34
I just clip both ends of my linesman belt into the loop on the front of the RCH. Once I got used to doing it that way I don’t miss having a loop on each side.
The only thing I don't like about that is it doesn't allow you to work directly in front of you. With the belt attached to the hips it keeps the tree open in front of you and keeps your range of motion full.

The climbing belt from EWO is the way you want to go, if you don't want to tie something yourself out of 1" webbing. I used a Condor MOLLE 'battle belt' to cover my RCH belt and DIY linesman's loops into one unit. I'd recommend upgrading to a climbing-rated Cobra buckle for safety's sake but that's probably not necessary as, properly used, the buckle never sees any load.

Back