• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking into some new sticks/Steps

Arkie

SH Member
I’ve been one-sticking all season with a cut down LW stick with an OOAL Angled Scout on top and a 3 step EWO aider on the bottom.

Love this set up and have a couple other sets of full size LW as well as a set of them that are cut down.

That said, I think I want to try out some new sticks. As most do, I want something lightweight, pack able, and will get me 20’+.

I have been looking at the WE Steps, Beast Sticks, Timber Ninja, and Tethrd (assuming I could get a few ordered at some point).

I personally don’t know anyone with any of these so I’m looking for feedback from those who do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used a bunch and can’t find much better on the height/weight ratio than og lw sticks

I’ve used a bunch and can’t find much better on the height/weight ratio than og lw sticks

I don’t mind my LW sticks; however, I’m not a fan of the folding single steps. For what it would cost to convert them to double steps and probably add some EWO stand-offs I might as well buy the EWO sticks.

I don’t mind my LW sticks; however, I’m not a fan of the folding single steps. For what it would cost to convert them to double steps and probably add some EWO stand-offs I might as well buy the EWO sticks.

Agree if your wanting double steps then yea for sure go new. I’m a single step guy.

IMO, WE Steps can't be beat for packability. Second season with them and I really like them

IMO, WE Steps can't be beat for packability. Second season with them and I really like them

How many do you have?
How how does that get you and do you use anything with the steps?

If you do try the WE Stepps, check out this thread / video. If I ever get them, this will be the way that I do them:

I have the beast sticks and really like the. 2nd year with them and still going strong

The 24”?
How many of those are you packing?
Using an aider or sticks only?

I have a set of 10 barely WE stepps , kydex holster and a knaider I’ll sell for less what I have in them if interested if not I’ll be putting them on the classifieds sometime this week...really good system but just prefer sticks

The 24”?

I'm not the original poster but I've got the 24" steps. I pack 4. Last year I used the knaider/swaider method. This year I just space them out a bunch, lean back into my linemans belt, one foot halfway between the stick I'm on and the next stick up the tree, push into tree with that foot so my linemans has all my weight and pull myself up to the next stick. Doing this I consistently get 20 foot high at platform height EASY. Next year, or even late this year, I'll add Eastern Woods cable aider to my sticks so I don't have to do that anymore. I know there's lighter sticks now but the beast sticks are so dang solid I'm barely interested in trying anything else. Love them and how they bite.

How many do you have?
How how does that get you and do you use anything with the steps?

8 gets me to 12-15'. No aiders or anything. That's as high as I can go in most of the trees I climb.

don’t mind my LW sticks; however, I’m not a fan of the folding single steps. For what it would cost to convert them to double steps and probably add some EWO stand-offs I might as well buy the EWO sticks.
EWO makes sticks?
Did I miss something at their site?
I know they make AM stick parts/upgrades but don't recall seeing completed sticks FS.

I have beast sticks and beat the crap out of them and they are like the day I got them. I use an aider on the first step only and with 4 sticks I get about 20’. Love these things, they pack great

EWO makes sticks?
Did I miss something at their site?
I know they make AM stick parts/upgrades but don't recall seeing completed sticks FS.

Thanks for the feedback.

I really like the looks of the Beast Sticks.
Probably not the lightest, but I’ll still one-stick most of the time so that’s not too concerning.

There are a lot of times that I’m not packing in too far that a second trip (to retrieve a deer) would be too bad. In those cases, a set of sticks would be nice.

The 24”?

I use three with 2 17" aiders. I'm gonna order another one after Christmas just to have and extra if I need it in some situations

^^^Yes they're the 24" sticks. Also wanted to say I'm going to use only 1 aider on the bottom stick and use 4 next year. I don't really care for the second aider..

Back