• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW platform

Cbigbear

Just putting the finishing touches on my LW mini platform. It's a mini stick & assault seat that serves as my climbing method & footrest. Weight is 4lbs & sturdy enough to walk around the tree. Folds flat for climbing & packing. I wear it like a sling pack.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
  • image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 327
Looking good. I am working on something similar but with more muddy hardware. Also another design using a 20 inch 1.25" 6061 tube. The biggest issue I had with both was figuring out how to keep the seat up once at height. Looks like you have it figured out with the bungee. Good idea. Can't wait to get home and play around with this.

Looks awesome. I need a platform to stand on after you using Spurs so I don't have to stand on screw in steps.

What is the point of the paracord wrap above the versa button. When I first saw it I thought it prevented platform/stick noise, but it looks like this wrap sits lower than the top step? Am I missing something?

So the pattern of the seat is definitely different than my alpha. Is any of the ribbing thicker like your other seat? What size is this seat?

BassBoysLLP said:
What is the point of the paracord wrap above the versa button. When I first saw it I thought it prevented platform/stick noise, but it looks like this wrap sits lower than the top step? Am I missing something?

It was for stacking on my stand. It's serves no purpose now.

Very cool. I'm using the seat at the top of my last full size LW stick.

platform3_zpslghlfiot.jpg

It stacks right on top of my other two sticks.

Are you guys incorporating anything in conjunction with this platform method? If so, what? If not, are you limited in terms of shooting degrees?

On small trees, say less than 12" in diameter at hunting height, I think it's fine by itself. On bigger trees I need to use two Ameristeps on the boat buckle strap. I place them at 930 and 230.

G2,
I have zero experience with all of the sticks and modifications. However, I like the idea of having this seat as a platform. You said you just use a couple of additional steps on bigger trees. Obviously you made this stick /seat combination. My question is this. When you reach the spot where you are going to attach your seat/stick, you strap it on and fold the seat up and flat against the tree and climb above it somehow before you flip it down? Or can you flip it down while standing on the bottom step of the stick and still get up onto it? I hope this makes sense!! Looks like you have a neat thing there. Good work!!

huck72412 said:
G2,
I have zero experience with all of the sticks and modifications. However, I like the idea of having this seat as a platform. You said you just use a couple of additional steps on bigger trees. Obviously you made this stick /seat combination. My question is this. When you reach the spot where you are going to attach your seat/stick, you strap it on and fold the seat up and flat against the tree and climb above it somehow before you flip it down? Or can you flip it down while standing on the bottom step of the stick and still get up onto it? I hope this makes sense!! Looks like you have a neat thing there. Good work!!

Good question...thinking the same thing?

First I hook up the stick and attach my whoopie sling to the seat to get it as tight as possible to the tree. I'm able to climb to the second step of my LW stick and step on the platform. It was a little tricky at first, but after I did it a couple times I got the hang of it. I'll try to make a video this weekend and show you how it works.

Appreciate that!! And what did that " stud" score in your profile pic?

He was 160 something. I don't remember exactly. I killed him out of a Summit climber a couple years before I discovered saddle hunting. Definitely a stud though...I've never seen one in the woods bigger.

Back