• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG .5

mattpsu1

SH Member
I’m looking at getting into the hybrid game this year. I see most are using the .5. Are there any other options out there in that weight range or even close to it? I see XOP has an offering comparable to a .75.

Couple offerings, elemate ultra Is comparable in weight. I have a .5 and yes it’s crazy expensive. For 100$ Extra at the most id pay it again everytime. Everytime I see a new offering I get excited. Then I look at it and then I’m like yep “I’ll stick with the .5”

Michigan great outdoors on YouTube has a video comparing the two stands.

There is the Millennium M7 which is around 8.5 lbs and half the price. Heard the seat is actually really comfortable. Must be if LWCG basically copyi- I mean 'homaging' the design.

It very bare and nothing fancy, but it can get the job done if you can give it a little personalization.

Novix new one that is 10ish lbs the Raider doesnt look that bad either, with the current $220 intro price too. They also do 15% military and first response discount.

There is the Millennium M7 which is around 8.5 lbs and half the price. Heard the seat is actually really comfortable. Must be if LWCG basically copyi- I mean 'homaging' the design.

It very bare and nothing fancy, but it can get the job done if you can give it a little personalization.

Stock, an M7 is heavier than that. But it can be modified to a versa button style stand, which lightens it up. The M7 has a bigger platform than the .5. and the seat is pretty comfortable.

I have an M7 and a .5 and I can actually treestand hunt from the M7. I'm mostly in the saddle in the .5.

I haven't really tried to saddle hunt in the M7. The traction isn't as good as the LW style stands for that, but I know some have done it and I haven't heard rumblings.

Windwalkers are viable once modified to level. Couple ways to accomplish that, but a non-starter out of the box due to lack of leveling imo.

I would just get a .5 and be done with it though. I think it's perfect for hybrid use.

Honestly, I don't know what is new on the market in the last 3-4 years. Since I got the .5 I haven't even had an inkling to look.

If price is a big concern someone posted about the Novix raider in the 2023 gear thread. Weights 10lbs but is 220$. Can’t speak on if it’s any good but it’s a good option

If price is a big concern someone posted about the Novix raider in the 2023 gear thread. Weights 10lbs but is 220$. Can’t speak on if it’s any good but it’s a good option

Platform is 30.5 x 19.5. I kind of think the hybrid deal is more suited to smaller stuff. Perhaps they'll offer something slighter in the future, with this new platform style. I do wonder how that's going to go for folks.

Platform is 30.5 x 19.5. I kind of think the hybrid deal is more suited to smaller stuff. Perhaps they'll offer something slighter in the future, with this new platform style. I do wonder how that's going to go for folks.
Definitely, tbh I didn’t look too much into since I’m sold on that darn .5 haha jkjk just threw it out there for folks at home. Would be nice to see them drop a small platform stand

Back