• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG Ambush - The Camming Chronicles

DanielB89

Has anyone figured out the trick to getting it right the first time.

I love the platform, but something measurement wise isn’t right here.

1d90104989e429d63fe855fc6606207a.jpg

The top teeth are floating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My predator does it as well. I stand on the teeth and lift the platform a bit to lock it in once I’m saddled up. Locks it in solid.

I have a predator as well and this thing is 10x harder to cam properly. It may be due to tree
Size though. I just put it on a smaller tree for my Second spot for today and it is much better.
b40e3cc2a112080538a2ccee76ed5da3.jpg

I pull out on the bottom and only let teeth dig in right before I get platform level

The problem with the ambush is the pivot point is way to far forward. Makes camming weird and if you step behind the pivot point it will fold up.

I was back and forth on it but I just sent mine back. They need to go back to the drawing board.

I believe the cam issue and flex problem is due to the overly aggressive teeth and angle of the cam opening on the platform. The angle of the cam opening only allow for one tooth to contact the tree on both sides of the post. This coupled with the sharp teeth doesn't provide sufficient contact to steady the platform for any type of movement. It also creats the flex that everyone is talking about and the noise on the tree. I believe the only fix is to grind out a larger angle on the platform by taking off some of the agression on the outer teeth and just rounding off the inner teeth. I would love to do it myself, but don't want to be the first on a $300 platform.

Yikes. That’s a lot of money and a lot of weight to not be utter perfection.

I believe the cam issue and flex problem is due to the overly aggressive teeth and angle of the cam opening on the platform. The angle of the cam opening only allow for one tooth to contact the tree on both sides of the post. This coupled with the sharp teeth doesn't provide sufficient contact to steady the platform for any type of movement. It also creats the flex that everyone is talking about and the noise on the tree. I believe the only fix is to grind out a larger angle on the platform by taking off some of the agression on the outer teeth and just rounding off the inner teeth. I would love to do it myself, but don't want to be the first on a $300 platform.
I do think there is something that can be done to the teeth to improve things, but I'm not willing to jump first.

I do think there is something that can be done to the teeth to improve things, but I'm not willing to jump first.
I would love the platform if it didn't make the noise. It's light, a nice size, and works great as a pack frame for sticks. Someone needs to find a fix for the noise.

I would love the platform if it didn't make the noise. It's light, a nice size, and works great as a pack frame for sticks. Someone needs to find a fix for the noise.

All you have to do is file down the teeth :smirk:

Back