• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Maybe Selling my Mission, Buying a Small Hangon

Hunter260

I hunt from my trophyline EDP, and the wife hunted from the trophyline mission last year. She had some trouble with getting turned around and getting drawn on the platform. She's just used to a larger platform on a hang on stand. So probably going to pick up a lighweight small hang on for her to saddle hunt from. Any recommendations?? There's so many it makes my head spin.

As said the .5 is what you want. It doesn’t weigh in much more than the Mission, seat can be used to sit or flipped and used for a knee pad. Adding the bottom cam strap should allow for some reasonable side pressure.

Elevate Ultra would be another option and if it needs to be really budget friendly, a windwalker for Treehopper would fit the bill weight and size wise as well as cost..

You can't go wrong with a .5.
But if $ are a concern there is a Assault for sale.

Elevate Ultra would be another option and if it needs to be really budget friendly, a windwalker for Treehopper would fit the bill weight and size wise as well as cost..
Ohhhh I totally forgot about the new wind walkers. I ordered an XOP vanish cause I’ve heard good things and they’re really a good value. Who knows about build quality but we will see

Ohhhh I totally forgot about the new wind walkers. I ordered an XOP vanish cause I’ve heard good things and they’re really a good value. Who knows about build quality but we will see
I almost hesitated to mention it since you said it was for your wife. It wont grip the tree at the base like the LWCG or the xop. You could add a ratchet strap and make it tight though. Great little stands though.

Xop retrograde. Is awesome. I just wanted a small stand for weight mountain hunting. I like it pretty good. We will see. One stick and RC. Pretty slick

I've been thinking about doing this same thing, the .5 is looking better and better. I've done quite few all day sits in a saddle (likely should get down and move... But that's a different thread..) the hybrid would make that so much easier.

I've been thinking about doing this same thing, the .5 is looking better and better. I've done quite few all day sits in a saddle (likely should get down and move... But that's a different thread..) the hybrid would make that so much easier.
I’m a LWCG self proclaimed fanboy I’ll admit. I’d strongly suggest giving a .5 a shot. It’s a ton of money. I ordered it once and canceled it because it’s so expensive. You can argue it won’t add weight by the time u drop knee pads and a heavier pack. To me it’s taken a ton of the potential aggravation out of mobile hunting. 100% worth it.

I was using the Mission a few years ago, and sold it and bought the LWCG .5. Love it, way better.

I can sit down and hunt, stand up and hunt, stand up and shoot, or I can lean in my saddle and hunt/shoot! Great stand.

I had a mission and bought a Novix helo on Black Friday sale for like $210 shipped. I haven’t used my Mission at all since then. I love my helo but I think now that the price has gone up, if I were looking at buying one now, I’d probably consider the .5 or even the XOP retrograde. Either way if you are on the fence at all about making the jump I can guarantee you will not regret it.

I was using the Mission a few years ago, and sold it and bought the LWCG .5. Love it, way better.

I can sit down and hunt, stand up and hunt, stand up and shoot, or I can lean in my saddle and hunt/shoot! Great stand.

I just cant afford a truck payment on a tree stand. Now if I won the LOTTERY...lol it would be a different story.

I have the Millennium ultra lite that I use on occassion as a platform. Place the seat up and use my knee pads. 8.5 lbs and Platform W 20.5” D 26”

This is my first year trying a hybrid setup or sole treestand hunting. I’m using a Millenium M7. As far as practicing in the yard, it’s been great.

Back