• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Menace Saddle?

ricky racer

Aug 8, 2016
Niles/Buchanan, MI
I never heard of the Tethrd Menace Saddle before, I just happened to see it on the Tethrd website today. Anyone using this saddle?

Reactions: d_rek

d_rek

Sep 25, 2014
SELP Michigan
It was released a few weeks ago, but maybe to less fanfare. It’s for larger framed/fuller figured individuals. It is essentially a phantom with a deeper/taller seat panel. I also believe the waist belt and leg loops have extra adjustment from the phantom, but don’t quote me on that.

Sent from d_mobile

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
Cheaper option made for sitters so I read.

No name buckle and made overseas.

Reactions: Scoutman

sureshotscott

Staff member
SH Member
Jul 18, 2017
SE MI
kksaddle.jpg

It seems the market has spoken.

stevethebreeze

Jul 1, 2020
North Central Alabama
Guess it’s time to update that Manufacturing section of their F.A.Q.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FAQ- Will the Menace fit someone say around 350 lbs mostly backside like Kim Kardashian?
TEthered- We have only rated the Menace for 325 lbs per TMA standards so No, Kim Kardashian could not wear this saddle. Thank you for your question

• Haha
Reactions: Mschmeiske

Navigator

Nov 15, 2017
Cheaper option made for sitters so I read.

No name buckle and made overseas.

Enkriss,

How do you know it's made overseas? There is nothing on the Menace product page (although there is a Made in USA logo at bottom of webpage). From the customer support FAQ page:

How are you making your saddles?
We’ve partnered with several US manufacturers to engineer and build our saddles on American soil. Not only are we working with American companies, but we sought out an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) credentialed facilities to ensure state-of-the-art methods and quality control. Rest assured that each and every Tethrd Saddle is manufactured and inspected right here in the U.S.A.

We know that Eberhart stated that the ESS is made overseas (contrary to Tethrd's own marketing info above).

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
Enkriss,

How do you know it's made overseas? There is nothing on the Menace product page (although there is a Made in USA logo at bottom of webpage). From the customer support FAQ page:

How are you making your saddles?
We’ve partnered with several US manufacturers to engineer and build our saddles on American soil. Not only are we working with American companies, but we sought out an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) credentialed facilities to ensure state-of-the-art methods and quality control. Rest assured that each and every Tethrd Saddle is manufactured and inspected right here in the U.S.A.

We know that Eberhart stated that the ESS is made overseas (contrary to Tethrd's own marketing info above).

CD521743-D84D-44A8-81A7-1421753B69B6.png