• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Most Comfortable Saddle - No JX3

Which is the most comfortable for you?

• Trophy Line

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Sit Drag

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Tethrd Mantis

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Guidos Web

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Aero Hunter Kite

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Aero Hunter Kestrel

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Anderson's

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

hokiehunter373

As the title states, what would you vote is the most comfortable saddle? I'm leaving the JX3 out since it's a "hybrid" and I feel a little bit different than the rest listed. I'd imagine that'd be a clear winner for everyone that's tried it. Please let me know if I forgot anything.

Also, maybe after you vote, post in the comments which one you voted for and if you're a leaner or a sitter.

I have sat in everything but the flex. Might wanna leave the guidos out if you're leaving the jx3 out. They're the same kinda animal. And you might wanna add the Anderson's saddle. And @huck72412 will find you if you leave out the old leather Green's!!

I really, really like the kestrel. Just kinda sits in a sweet middle ground for me. I generally rest in a high seated position with a chin level tether and my thighs at a 45° angle to the tree. Kinda a hybrid position. Super comfortable, easy to maneuver on a ROS, and I very rarely adjust my drape.

The most comfortable soft, clothe saddle I've sat in was a DIY job made from 1.1 oz realtree ripstop nylon. That little thing was sweet, and fit in a pants pocket.

I have sat in everything but the flex. Might wanna leave the guidos out if you're leaving the jx3 out. They're the same kinda animal. And you might wanna add the Anderson's saddle. And @huck72412 will find you if you leave out the old leather Green's!!

I really, really like the kestrel. Just kinda sits in a sweet middle ground for me. I generally rest in a high seated position with a chin level tether and my thighs at a 45° angle to the tree. Kinda a hybrid position. Super comfortable, easy to maneuver on a ROS, and I very rarely adjust my drape.

The most comfortable soft, clothe saddle I've sat in was a DIY job made from 1.1 oz realtree ripstop nylon. That little thing was sweet, and fit in a pants pocket.

Looks like I can add options but can't delete. My mistake.

DIY fleece. outside of that i find every single one of them about the same comfort - to me comfort is best addressed by tether height, bridge length, what you stand on and where you put the load bearing straps, netting, pleats, whatever. the only exception is when a saddle is over engineered and there is a fold, double material right at a pressure point.

I didn’t vote guidos b/c of your criteria for Jx3. But in that order it would be JX3, Guidos then Kite & diy fleece could be right in the mix as well

I've had the tethered mantis...sold it.
I've had the kestrel...loved it but when I saw the flex I had that feeling of this could be better. Sold it to buy the flex.
I won't be selling the Flex...it is comfortable at 25' up the tree.

I place my tether at head height and and mainly a leaner but I have nice knee pads and so I can sit too.

I'm kinda reluctant to answer because I've only had the Flex since Saturday, but so far just hanging in my backyard there is a noticeable step up in comfort from my Kite. It really contours nicely, no riding up or pressure points so far. But I'm not really prepared to put it #1 until I get a few hunts. The Kite I found ever so slightly more comfortable than the Mantis. No experience with the others but I would put the DIY fleece saddle right up there with the best of them. I do want to sit in a JX3 someday but like you said I see that as an entirely separate category.

I have only ever tried the Mantis and Flex. I obviously have more time in the Mantis but my initial impressions are I’m going to like the Flex a lot better. I sit and lean and while the Mantis is not uncomfortable, I have the issue a lot of others have with constantly having to pull it down and felling like it’s not cupping enough. The Flex does not seem to have any of those issues. I also really like the adjustable webbing bridge on the Flex.

Quite a compliment to the hybrid to not even be included in the poll. I’ve owned every saddle with exception of a leather/neoprene trphyline and the flex.

Hybrid
Web
Homemade fleece
Treesuit
Homemade with lifting sling
Ambush
Anderson
Kestrel
Kite
Mantis
Sit drag

This is strictly in order of comfort, with no other criteria considered.

Quite a compliment to the hybrid to not even be included in the poll. I’ve owned every saddle with exception of a leather/neoprene trphyline and the flex.

Hybrid
Web
Homemade fleece
Treesuit
Homemade with lifting sling
Ambush
Anderson
Kestrel
Kite
Mantis
Sit drag

This is strictly in order of comfort, with no other criteria considered.

Close to my experience and I have tried many of those saddles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Of the many models of trophyline saddles I have only sat in the mesh ambush. Grouping all trophyline together is like putting the mantis/kestrel/kite as a choice.

I didn't vote, simply because I can get comfortable is just about anything. I think my body was built for saddle hunting lol. Between all of my setups the Guidos was the best, but it SUCKED carrying it around so in my mind that takes away from overall score. To me the Kestrel and Mantis felt the same (have sat in them back to back while testing). I really think it comes down to how they are setup.

I didn't vote, simply because I can get comfortable is just about anything. I think my body was built for saddle hunting lol. Between all of my setups the Guidos was the best, but it SUCKED carrying it around so in my mind that takes away from overall score. To me the Kestrel and Mantis felt the same (have sat in them back to back while testing). I really think it comes down to how they are setup.

A hybrid is better than a guidos because it is easy to carry
One of the reasons to try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I voted flex because that is the only real saddle ive tried. I also have the jx3 and fleece... both really comfy

I've owned 5 different saddles (Flex on order) and my most comfortable was the Mesh Trophyline. I should've hung on to that one.

Dumb question maybe but what is the hybrid ?

I’ve tried all Trophyline models, kestrel, mantis and hybrid. I still own all Trophyline models and hybrid. But I found comfort in all of the saddles. My favorite most comfortable is Trophyline leather roadtrips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back