• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro stick rope mod

Blackmamba

Guys I have searched on here and google and have not found any pics or videos. I do remember one or 2 guys I think mentioning it, but does anyone have some good pictures of rope mods on muddys sticks? I like the sticks, but the rope is short and stiff and I feel like this is limiting me on what trees I can get in. I found a couple areas that have some bases larger than basketball size I know I can’t even try. However I am a big guy at 260 and some of the trees I have been in sway pretty dang good in the wind. Kinda felt like a polecat on Mad Max. Not very enjoyable lol.

What kind of rope mods are you talking about? Are you looking to switch out the rope to make it longer?

Buy static climbing rope the same size as the muddy rope. Cut to desired length. Tie stopper knot in one end shove in hole in stick. Hunt.
Sounds good. Was hoping someone had pics or a video. I’m not real sure how muddy has their knot rigged inside the sitck. Looks like it’s kinda glued inside?

If you're interested in the same rope muddy uses for their stick but longer, their Safe-Line rope is the same thing but in 30 foot length that you can then cut down to the length you prefer

I'd say it doesn't hurt to reconfirm the specs with their support team though

If you're interested in the same rope muddy uses for their stick but longer, their Safe-Line rope is the same thing but in 30 foot length that you can then cut down to the length you prefer

I'd say it doesn't hurt to reconfirm the specs with their support team though
Think I’m going to do that. I can’t find correct sizing anywhere. But after today I’m kinda thinking about taking the cams off. Idk if it was the angle of the tree or width but i has the rope slip on the first stick a couple times before I got it right.

It should can't remember where I seen it but I read somewhere it was 8 or 9mm according to Muddy. Once it comes in I'll post an update. I did stick a piece of 8mm pursik cord in the cam and it bite it and held.
I wonder if 9mm would be better or too much. As I posted above this morning I had some sticks slip a couple times.

Think I’m going to do that. I can’t find correct sizing anywhere. But after today I’m kinda thinking about taking the cams off. Idk if it was the angle of the tree or width but i has the rope slip on the first stick a couple times before I got it right.
Did it slip after you did the half hitch after running it through the cam cleat? I am asking because I just got mine yesterday, and it's 11 below zero out today so no practice for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I half hitched it which I usually do on the right side of the stick. So after it kept slipping I figured I needed more rope. So I half hitched on the left side to get more torque and finally got it to hold “enough”.

Found this Incase anyone else starts searching for options.

Muddy rope is 8mm. If you use anything bigger your gonna have a hard time getting it through the hole on the stick. 8mm barely fits
I’ve noticed on mine unless it’s standard to squeeze on the cams to check. Or it’s my inexperience with climbing sticks. But I’ve noticed there are times the rope slips made me think it needed to be bigger. Seems like the cam bite will open for larger ropes. Just not sure if the teeth will bite when the rotate back in.

Here's a rope mod I did awhile back:

Back