• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro Sticks

stauffer33

Jul 19, 2020
I went down a you tube rabbit hole, and thought I had myself sold on getting the Muddy Pro sticks. But after readying multiple threads here and on FB it seems like no one uses them. Is there something wrong with them that I am not aware of?

j0sh

Aug 20, 2017
Mount Vernon, IN
I’ve been looking at the muddy pros as well, from what I can tell the company sold out like 10 yrs ago and the quality has gone to pot. They have bee recalled in 2012ish and still haven’t been good on quality control... I think it you can find the pre recall ones they were made a lot better and they’re a brown color over the newer black ones.

gonetocamp

Jul 7, 2020
I can't speak about the current Muddy Pro Sticks but the two sets (brown) that I have I like very much.

ofor

Apr 8, 2019
I used full length Hawk Helium’s the last 2 seasons that I’ve been happy with. I bought a set off of the Muddy Pros off of Camofire last Christmas for $150ish to try out the cam cleat. I wasn’t blown away by any means. They are heavier than my hawks, they don’t stack compactly, they are more expensive than the hawks and the cam cleat didn’t bite on the ropes as good as I was hoping. The black finish was also cracking and chipping off in spots. I ended up giving them to my brother to use.

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
If they used a better cam cleat, tighter tolerances so there is no slop in the steps and dropped the weight by about 50% they could possibly be the best sticks on the market

stauffer33

Jul 19, 2020
I used full length Hawk Helium’s the last 2 seasons that I’ve been happy with. I bought a set off of the Muddy Pros off of Camofire last Christmas for $150ish to try out the cam cleat. I wasn’t blown away by any means. They are heavier than my hawks, they don’t stack compactly, they are more expensive than the hawks and the cam cleat didn’t bite on the ropes as good as I was hoping. The black finish was also cracking and chipping off in spots. I ended up giving them to my brother to use.
Would you rather have shorter sticks or do you like the longer 30” sticks

sweats

Apr 17, 2018
I bought a set in 2018. Quality was lacking. The steps shifted a lot when I'd step on one side to the point that it would even make an audible click against the post.

I like the heliums better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ChandlerB03

May 23, 2019
I purchased a pair back in 2015 and only complaint I have is that one of the step mechanisms has started showing some slack. No matter how tight I get it, it still works loose.

I would buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
I one stick climb with my muddy pro and love it! Just wish their quality control was a little better but still love mine! I bought a hawk helium to try and I think I might have used it three times maybe and then back to my muddy pro!!

Apex7

SH Member
Jan 6, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
I went down a you tube rabbit hole, and thought I had myself sold on getting the Muddy Pro sticks. But after readying multiple threads here and on FB it seems like no one uses them. Is there something wrong with them that I am not aware of?
I have a set and I love them they are a couple years old and never had any problems with them.

ChandlerB03

May 23, 2019

I will say, I do wish they were lighter. I have messaged DanO about purchasing some brackets and steps from them and just swapping out the muddy steps and brackets. The weight on the muddy pros come from the steps and brackets

lawrence

SH Member
Mar 21, 2018
I had muddy pro sticks for several years. Like the attachment method, hated the weight. sold all but one. they work well for the 1 stick method of climbing.

ChandlerB03

May 23, 2019
Just following up....I received my steps and brackets today from EWO. [mention]DanO [/mention] was a great guy to do business with. Messaged me and emailed updates.

Had time at lunch to throw on one set of double steps and brackets. Not sure how much lighter they are but they feel significantly lighter.

Kudos to you [mention]DanO [/mention]

Reactions: Gunnyrod79