• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Murph4028's WE Perch Mod

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
Yep that's right. I'm naming this after myself because I'm awesome and have to leave my stamp on the saddle hunting world! So here it is. The perch complete with the Murph mod. Lol. Ok all jokes aside, I'm liking my WE setup but the perch seemed like it was never the same everytime I cammed it over on a different tree. Sometimes it was solid but more often than not I would get that annoying sideways sliding action going on. I need my gear to be predictable and dependable. So after thinking of a few ways to make the perch solid I decided to go with this and it actually works perfectly everytime. It was really easy and cheap to do. I wasn't crazy about drilling through my step or perch but I figured I wasn't happy with it already so I had nothing to lose. In the end I'm glad I did it. It's solid everytime now and still breaks down into two pieces and I don't mind carrying 2, 1/4" bolts with me. The 550 cord was already there for quiet aider attachment and does nothing for the perch. The platform is stupid light as it is and is the only platform out there that allows you to step on the back of it to get around the tree. So I had to make it work. Hope this will help others who are experiencing this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-172506.png
    Screenshot_20190713-172506.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 467
  • Screenshot_20190713-172445.png
    Screenshot_20190713-172445.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 476
  • Screenshot_20190713-172428.png
    Screenshot_20190713-172428.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 463
  • Screenshot_20190713-172516.png
    Screenshot_20190713-172516.png
    2 MB · Views: 451
Yep that's right. I'm naming this after myself because I'm awesome and have to leave my stamp on the saddle hunting world! So here it is. The perch complete with the Murph mod. Lol. Ok all jokes aside, I'm liking my WE setup but the perch seemed like it was never the same everytime I cammed it over on a different tree. Sometimes it was solid but more often than not I would get that annoying sideways sliding action going on. I need my gear to be predictable and dependable. So after thinking of a few ways to make the perch solid I decided to go with this and it actually works perfectly everytime. It was really easy and cheap to do. I wasn't crazy about drilling through my step or perch but I figured I wasn't happy with it already so I had nothing to lose. In the end I'm glad I did it. It's solid everytime now and still breaks down into two pieces and I don't mind carrying 2, 1/4" bolts with me. The 550 cord was already there for quiet aider attachment and does nothing for the perch. The platform is stupid light as it is and is the only platform out there that allows you to step on the back of it to get around the tree. So I had to make it work. Hope this will help others who are experiencing this problem.
Nice DIY....simple as it gets..:):)

Might be worth tacking a nut to the top side of the stepp. Then you just need a 1/4-20 with whatever type hand knob you want (your current one will work just fine) and thread it from bottom side. No fuss!

Might be worth tacking a nut to the top side of the stepp. Then you just need a 1/4-20 with whatever type hand knob you want (your current one will work just fine) and thread it from bottom side. No fuss!

Yep I had the same idea. I wanted to make sure it would work first. But it would be better to worry about losing one less thing

Gotta ask, thoughts on the structural integrity of the stepp or perch having drilled thru it? I’m worried about it failing.
Thanks!

Gotta ask, thoughts on the structural integrity of the stepp or perch having drilled thru it? I’m worried about it failing.
Thanks!
Step sidewalls are doing most of the work while in the mounted position.

So how is the bolt mod working for the wild edge perch thus far. Has it held up or have you/do you see any issues with it regarding the structural integrity?

Back