• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New climbing stick design

IMG_20190715_080852_resize_49.jpgIMG_20190715_080902_resize_6.jpgIMG_20190715_080915_resize_75.jpg
24", 1" square 1/8" wall tube, countersunk holes to lighten them up some. Standoff/step lasercut from 3/8" aluminum. Will have versa button style attachment. Fully stackable, I think about as compact as you could get without having anything folding. I've already had one on a tree, they set rock solid.
I'll post some more pics as I get them completed.

A step/ bracket design...friggin awesome!
Throw a cam on the side like my mini sticks and those babies are a winner.
What is the weight tho?
The steps need to be able to support an aider, maybe a loop thru one of the holes...brainstorming...

A step/ bracket design...friggin awesome!
Throw a cam on the side like my mini sticks and those babies are a winner.
What is the weight tho?
The steps need to be able to support an aider, maybe a loop thru one of the holes...brainstorming...

Thanks, I kept staring at traditional sticks and thinking that's more pieces than necessary...

I'm going to be using a button and amsteel Daisy chains for attachment.

They are very light, I think right at 2lbs but I need to verify that.

I have one step aiders that are continuous loops of amsteel, I just girth hitch to the bottom step.

I love it. I think I would have cut them down to 20”. Freakin awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeeeeet

That is a cool design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much room do you have for your feet when it's tight to the tree ?
Looks like there isn't a lot of room for big feet like mine just wondering. They do look awesome and great job.

Are the steps slippery? With no upwards angle and no grip on them, they appear slippery. Look nice though

View attachment 13594View attachment 13595View attachment 13596
24", 1" square 1/8" wall tube, countersunk holes to lighten them up some. Standoff/step lasercut from 3/8" aluminum. Will have versa button style attachment. Fully stackable, I think about as compact as you could get without having anything folding. I've already had one on a tree, they set rock solid.
I'll post some more pics as I get them completed.
Hi Brady...man I love the DIY...you've hit a home run brother...keep this thread flowing..Nice Work and Design

ive been eyeing summit buck steps, which look similar to these. These are longer with a slimmer step. Looks sharp.

Back