• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Ontario

TreemanDan

I live in Peterborough Ontario. Just purchased my first saddle, its an Eberhart signature series so i figured it would be fitting to join this forum. I love it so far and will definitely be getting some good use out of it.

I live in Peterborough Ontario. Just purchased my first saddle, its an Eberhart signature series so i figured it would be fitting to join this forum. I love it so far and will definitely be getting some good use out of it.
@TreemanDan , I am from Ottawa, and currently trying to determine which saddle is best for me and Canadian climate. I am seriously looking at the same ESS saddle myself. Where did you order it from and how is the sizing with regards to winter close?

@TreemanDan , I am from Ottawa, and currently trying to determine which saddle is best for me and Canadian climate. I am seriously looking at the same ESS saddle myself. Where did you order it from and how is the sizing with regards to winter close?

Welcome from Huron County Ontario
Lots of great saddles. Climate and saddles. The only one that makes a difference. The JX3. It breaks the wind a bit.

I would consider a Cruzr XC. The sling types are decent too I think age, fitness and body type can affect saddle likes or dislikes.

I have never tried the ESS but I have tried the recon and latitude. Both decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered it straight off of the Tethrd website, In hunting the last couple weeks i have worn all winter gear with no issues. To be honest it doesnt really affect your top layer at all because for me I dont raise it above my butt. But even in terms of bottoms i have worn my thick ice fishing coveralls and no issues. I like to describe it as like a hammock for your butt made out of seatbelt material very comfortable no matter what you are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey bud! I’m from Bradford. I hunt north of Peterborough quite often. Good game up that way. I also ordered from Tethrd, but I bought the Menace. Almost bought the tree hammock by Hawk Helium, they have them in stock at Easthill. I keep hearing horrible customer service reviews about Hawk so decided to steer clear. Anyways, shoot straight mon frere!

Oh nice! How do you like the menace? There is a lot of crown land up there thats for sure including the kawartha highlands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back