• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from PA

aspade17

Hey everyone I’m a new guy to the saddle game! The name is Austin I’m 28 from south central PA.
I’ve lurked on here for a little while trying to take in the info but I’m slightly overwhelmed to say the least!!
In the past I’ve used lone wolf hand climbers and the assault II. Currently also have a jx3 that I’m trying to get used to and decide if I like it.

Really looking into trying the WE steps instead of my lone wolf sticks with the jx3 but like I said I’m overwhelmed by the whole process!

Hoping to meet some new people and learn as much as I can!!

Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Austin
Have fun with the learning process. Watch some videos. Between youtube and the threads already posted on this forum you will figure it out for sure. Maybe rely on what you're comfortable with since cruising/rut time are so close. Be Safe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey welcome to the forum. The WE steps take some getting use to, but they are super compact and light, I actually decided to go to mini sticks with a single aider instead of WE steps with 5 steps aider, you gain 4-5 lbs of gear but its just so much easier to use. Plus the popular 20in steps now a days look like they pack on the JX3 perfectly. Just like how hang-on stand are fine with 32in sticks because you're going to have a large profit anyway, 20in steps are find with the JX3 from what I understand.

Hey Austin
Have fun with the learning process. Watch some videos. Between youtube and the threads already posted on this forum you will figure it out for sure. Maybe rely on what you're comfortable with since cruising/rut time are so close. Be Safe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I probably won’t change too much between now and the end of season just for that reason. I’ve been following a jx3 thread on here and may add/change a few things with it.

Welcome . I used to hunt Dauphin Co. , with work friends - miss the area sometimes.

Hey everyone I’m a new guy to the saddle game! The name is Austin I’m 28 from south central PA.
I’ve lurked on here for a little while trying to take in the info but I’m slightly overwhelmed to say the least!!
In the past I’ve used lone wolf hand climbers and the assault II. Currently also have a jx3 that I’m trying to get used to and decide if I like it.

Really looking into trying the WE steps instead of my lone wolf sticks with the jx3 but like I said I’m overwhelmed by the whole process!

Hoping to meet some new people and learn as much as I can!!

Austin

Hey man! I’m in the Lehigh Valley. Woot woot

Back