• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New tethrd climbing sticks.

It looks like it's screwed on to the pole with no stands off to me.....
Good idea I'm surprised hasnt been done before. Make the stick whatever size/spacing u like and chop it off. Hopefully they not crazy expensive.

Hum.. like you guys said. Looks like a helium. It also looks like you can adjust the point of anchor for the strap. It's rather simple. If they are cheap they will be a big hit. Hope they have a good stand off for them.

It to me looks like a frankenstick that someone put together out of the spare parts bin.

I didn't say anything here but since they're teasing it, when I talked to the owner last weekend he did mention that they're bringing out a "budget" stick made of aluminum that's heavier than their 1-stick but alot cheaper. I'm not in the market for sticks and didn't ask what heavier means or the pricepoint.

It looks like it's screwed on to the pole with no stands off to me.....
Good idea I'm surprised hasnt been done before. Make the stick whatever size/spacing u like and chop it off. Hopefully they not crazy expensive.

Well, I found the media, and it looks like there's something there, but still doesn't appear to be much separation.

Looks like an orange stacking pin sticking up too.

@iamcorey hit it on the head, the design is Leverage based. The steps are a nod to Hawk. Then there's whats taken from the ONE design.

B2B6E7DF-3435-430B-8A4A-1A5151B1DE6D.png

If only someone could make a double step fold down. And a standoff that would rotate inline. or fold flat.

This combo would be a good seller. Closest was OOAL's setup.
You could use a set up similar to theirs, then use a grade 8 spring loaded dowel. Pull a key chain style loop to pull the pin back and let the steps fold inward (instead of folding them up and letting them rest on a bolt. In my mind that would be a pretty sweet set up

You could use a set up similar to theirs, then use a grade 8 spring loaded dowel. Pull a key chain style loop to pull the pin back and let the steps fold inward (instead of folding them up and letting them rest on a bolt. In my mind that would be a pretty sweet set up
I used pivoting sticks (EWO) all last season (when not one-sticking). After ten successive hunts, the fiddle factor got to me. They stacked great two to a side, the big plastic knobs made it easy to take them up and down, but honestly they wore me out. I finished with a pivoting bottom standoff (EWO) with a single lone Wolf step. The fixed top double step stacked on the other. Got these as backups to the ONEs.

I used pivoting sticks (EWO) all last season (when not one-sticking). After ten successive hunts, the fiddle factor got to me. They stacked great two to a side, the big plastic knobs made it easy to take them up and down, but honestly they wore me out. I finished with a pivoting bottom standoff (EWO) with a single lone Wolf step. The fixed top double step stacked on the other. Got these as backups to the ONEs.
Yea I think it’s good in theory but I’m not big on fiddle factor either

From what I gathered, most of their soft goods are made in the U.S. The problem with hard goods is material costs but I do agree that I'd be willing to spend slightly more if it were made by an American.

Back