• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

NHL 2021

Heydeerman

SH Member
Anyone watching? Who is your team? My hometown is Pittsburgh so take a guess.

Last year I had tickets to see the Caps @ Pens on March 7...I think, might have been 14. Anyway the Wednesday before the Blue Jackets were the first team to cancel because of Covid. Then everything was going down. Took me several months to get my money back but I would have rather seen the game. I did get to a game in Dec 2019 when the Coyotes came to town. Got to sit right behind the Pens bench and see the return of Kessel.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm always watching. I've been a Wings fan my whole life, from the Dead Things years in the 70's and 80's, the successes and now the PAINFUL rebuild years. In fact I'm watching the Wings get smoked by the Jackets as I type this. Still love watching the game though. It's probably the only major sport I still follow.

Dang, I started another already. Might want to delete.

There was a ton of Redwings fans in Ohio before the Blue Jackets. I’ve been to a few BJ games. It took the fans a couple years to figure it out but they are all in now. Good fan base.

Yeah the Wings are back to the dead things era. I have full confidence Yzerman will turn things around but it’s still stinks watching them get dominated. I also don’t have fox sports Detroit on Hulu so I can’t watch them unless it’s on NBC. They do look marginally better but they’re still a lotto team.

Im a huge flyers fan been for years got away from watching when i moved to delaware. All washington or Baltimore people here lol.
alot of games are blacked out

I was on the USS Philadelphia (SSN690) and several times the Flyers and Eagles had guys from the boat come down to present the colors during the National Anthem. They always took good care of the guys that did it. We had several guys from the area so we would always let them go. Thought that was pretty cool of the teams.

Hardly miss a Pens game on TV. Except those late night left coast games and most of the weekend matinees when I'm out hunting or fishing.

When I lived in the Burgh I would go to a handful of games a year, but since moving in 2016 I haven't been back to one. One of the first things I want to do when this Rona crap subsides is go to a game. Glad to see some fans return last night.

Been a good run, growing up watching Mario and Jagr, some down years then following Sid and Geno. And now people starting to call them old is a bit startling (I'm the same age as Sid).

Being a Wings fan that lives in Toronto has been a tough pill to swallow this year. If I have to watch one more game of the Leafs vs some team that should be relegated to the the OHL next year I might just go insane.

I don't get a chance to see many Wings game here but last week when they played the Blackhawks it was on TV. I was pretty surprised to find it by chance, was even more surprised when I woke up an hour later feeling like my TV had drugged me to sleep. I stay current with the team by listening to The Winged Wheel Podcast and find it much more entertaining then watching the team right now.

Hopefully when the playoffs start I will get more engaged in what's happening, but at this point unless the Avs are playing the Knights I'm probably not interested in watching.

It's also really hard to watch a game right now and not jones to be on the ice again...

Being a Wings fan that lives in Toronto has been a tough pill to swallow this year. If I have to watch one more game of the Leafs vs some team that should be relegated to the the OHL next year I might just go insane.

I don't get a chance to see many Wings game here but last week when they played the Blackhawks it was on TV. I was pretty surprised to find it by chance, was even more surprised when I woke up an hour later feeling like my TV had drugged me to sleep. I stay current with the team by listening to The Winged Wheel Podcast and find it much more entertaining then watching the team right now.

Hopefully when the playoffs start I will get more engaged in what's happening, but at this point unless the Avs are playing the Knights I'm probably not interested in watching.

It's also really hard to watch a game right now and not jones to be on the ice again...
Winged wheel podcast is where it’s at. Those guys do excellent draft breakdowns.

Wild fan here. They're fun to watch this year. Hate the fact they are in the West and have to deal with the 9pm starts.
Haha, when the Wings were in the western conference and played The Ducks or The Sharks, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver in the playoffs...10:30pm puck drop. Then if it went into OT or double OT, we’re talking 2:30 am I’d be up watching.

Agreed. I got to meet them last year when I became one of their offical sponsers, really nice down to earth guys. If you ever watch them on YouTube I built their podcast table.
Oh ok, that’s really neat and beautiful workmanship on the table! Yeah they do seem like down to earth guys.

I was at the Joe in 2012 Red wings were down 3-2 in the series to San Jose. 3rd period wings score to to take the lead 2-1. I never heard something so loud. I was cheering as loud as I could. But could not hear my self. The whole stadium was shaking. It was an awesome night. Then they went back to SJ and pooped the bed. What a great night. Still remember that game.
Does ESPN still do the playoff bracket Challenge? We should set up a SH bracket pick em.

Back