• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Northwest Arkansas, Easter Oklahoma, Southwest Missouri Saddle Hunters

DwadeCham

Hey Everyone,

I am just trying to get a group thread going for this area. I feel like we are growing and it could also be a central location for eastern Oklahoma and southwest Missouri. I have had a rough year as far as hunting goes with all that we have had going on in our lives but some of that is winding down. I want next season to be awesome! I think a big help for that would be getting together and sharing hunting knowledge, set ups and techniques, and drinking beer with like minded individuals.

I'm not sure what a good time of year would be. My preference would always be before the ticks and chiggers fully awaken but we can do whatever works the best. If anyone has some land we could stay on that may be fun. We could do some target shooting, cooking, drinking, and climbing. Not necessarily in that order.

Let me know. I think it would be fun and really beneficial to most of us.
Wade

Hey Everyone,

I am just trying to get a group thread going for this area. I feel like we are growing and it could also be a central location for eastern Oklahoma and southwest Missouri. I have had a rough year as far as hunting goes with all that we have had going on in our lives but some of that is winding down. I want next season to be awesome! I think a big help for that would be getting together and sharing hunting knowledge, set ups and techniques, and drinking beer with like minded individuals.

I'm not sure what a good time of year would be. My preference would always be before the ticks and chiggers fully awaken but we can do whatever works the best. If anyone has some land we could stay on that may be fun. We could do some target shooting, cooking, drinking, and climbing. Not necessarily in that order.

Let me know. I think it would be fun and really beneficial to most of us.
Wade
Where are you presently living?

I am in Fayetteville. How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you missed it, some guys are working to organize a meetup in the same general region. Around Springfield, MO seems to be the plan at this point

In case you missed it, some guys are working to organize a meetup in the same general region. Around Springfield, MO seems to be the plan at this point

Cool. Thanks. I stumbled on that thread earlier but I didn’t read enough to see Springfield. That is pretty close. I will follow that one too.

I'm in. This would be fun. Lots of public land to stay at. I have some good places in White Rock WMA aka deer camp location that could be a good place to have a weekend camp. I'd say some state parks but finding and climbing trees and shooting bows might get frowned at. We could bring some of our 3D deer targets and fave a little climb and shoot...good practice too. Food, drinks, and Saddles.

Following.

I'm in the Mountain Home/Norfork Lake area. I'd be down for a NWA trip, especially if it coincides with a home baseball weekend. WPS!

Following.

I'm closer to Little Rock in Arkansas, but always down for a road trip.

If I’m ever home I’d be down too. Still hunt the land of NOD (north of Dover) when I’m home on leave.
I went to school in Russellville and spent some time hunting and backpacking the land of NOD. Beautiful country. Interesting natives.

I'll jump into the old thread as well. I'm in the Little Rock area, but come up to the Harrison / Branson area every few weeks.

I am living in Bentonville/Bella Vista area and would definitely be interested

I live in NW Arkansas. Just moved to pea ridge. Madison county WMA has campsites and it’s close to Kings river. That would be a lot of fun

Back