• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Novix tree stand!

In that video looks like just maybe they came up with a way to pack sticks on that new stand… time will tell.

Following. Looks to be smaller than the assault. When is the full reveal of it coming out?

Is it too much to wait until 7/1 to find out details....lol, absolutely.

I feel like it is and we're all geting catfished

I agree. If it’s just a rebadged Assault 2, meh. ...There is already an assault 2, xop vanish, and the lwcg/beast stands have taken off with folks buying those up....maybe I’m just not seeing the big picture or something, but I would think if the novix came in with a stand with the platform length the same as the assault, but slimmed the width down a little and took the weight to 8#-ish, they wouldn’t be able to keep them in stock...especially if the price was around the same as the echo stand.

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread but why aren't Loc-on stands still a thing? They were just as light if not lighter than recent offerings. I feel this road has already been traveled down once but maybe I'm missing something.
P.S. @peteherbst I'll only take 5% commission if your Loc-on in the classifieds sells soon after this post....:)

Last edited:
Not to derail the thread but why aren't Loc-on stands still a thing? They were just as light if not lighter than recent offerings. I feel this road has already been traveled down once but maybe I'm missing something.
P.S. @peteherbst I'll only take 5% commission if your Loc-on in the classifieds sells soon after this post....:)
There is a company working on bringing them back.

But, the decline and delayed rebirth is mainly due to the successful advertising of D'Acquisto, Infalt, and others who toute the advantages of cast (or lately machined) stands. They offered an "advantage" over hollow tubing and welded expanded metal that is allegedly noisy and prone to popping in the extreme cold. Neither of which has really ever been an issue for me or anybody I've hunted with in the southeast. And the loc-on style grating and hollow tubing seems to be cheaper and stronger. Pros and cons, but cast is over-hyped. Loc-on and Chippewa both make good stands that just don't have the marketing edge Lone Wolf, Novix, OOAL, Beast Gear or LWCG do.

I look forward to their return and really hope at some point somebody uses what we've learned over the decades to make a good and light climber from tubing, expanded metal, and fabric.

This is all good stuff in my books...and as a gear person(like most of us on this forum) will buy stuff we don’t need to accomplish the same task of gear we already have...

There is a company working on bringing them back.

But, the decline and delayed rebirth is mainly due to the successful advertising of D'Acquisto, Infalt, and others who toute the advantages of cast (or lately machined) stands. They offered an "advantage" over hollow tubing and welded expanded metal that is allegedly noisy and prone to popping in the extreme cold. Neither of which has really ever been an issue for me or anybody I've hunted with in the southeast. And the loc-on style grating and hollow tubing seems to be cheaper and stronger. Pros and cons, but cast is over-hyped. Loc-on and Chippewa both make good stands that just don't have the marketing edge Lone Wolf, Novix, OOAL, Beast Gear or LWCG do.

I look forward to their return and really hope at some point somebody uses what we've learned over the decades to make a good and light climber from tubing, expanded metal, and fabric.
In Missouri I’ve had both limit and windwalker pop and creek in cold weather. Amazing stands but, I can confirm those things happening.

Back