• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One Stick Pull-up cord

tracker12

Sp whoo uses some sort of cord/cable on there stick to pull it up on moves up the tree. If you re using one what are you using. Getting ready to assemble my stick and thinking of installing something.

Best thing I did for mine was add a nite ize mega gear tie. Makes the moves so much easier. I don't have to drop down anymore for the next transition. I've since switched to having it doubled over to the way @bfriendly did his. Works like a charm & folds out the way easily when needed. On the tree I just push it with my foot & it stays out of the way.

Another important part of one sticking is the rope, strap that holds the stick to the tree.
When you flip the line around the tree, make sure that there is about a 30 - 40 degree upward angle in the rope.
You do not want the rope parallel with the ground, you want the rope angled so when you pull the step up, there is enough slack in the line to allow you to lift the step up.

I didn't have a NiteIze Gear Tie handy, but I did have a spool of rubber-coated garden/trellis wire from Menards. Made a big loop with it, one end around the top cam cleat bolt, twisted it up, and left a hand-grip sized loop up top. So far it seems to work just fine, if maybe a bit 'floppier' than the Gear Tie. I'm probably going to put some heat shrink on it.

If you're up against it, a wire coat hanger will probably work fine, but I'd wrap it in heat shrink or vet wrap or something.

Best thing I did for mine was add a nite ize mega gear tie. Makes the moves so much easier. I don't have to drop down anymore for the next transition. I've since switched to having it doubled over to the way @bfriendly did his. Works like a charm & folds out the way easily when needed. On the tree I just push it with my foot & it stays out of the way.

Used the same on my ONE stick one-stick last season and agree, works great!

Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for!!!
Hey, I just changed out my EWO pull wires, I’ve got a 15” wire you can have if you want it. They’re only 8 bucks, but I don’t need it. Send me your address and I’ll mail it today. It’s an EWO, just too long for my UOS with the lookout step on the bottom

Like the way you went through those holes. I didn't even notice those. And the Hawkin. Man I love that stuff. Can't find it around here anymore.
Cheers!

I order Hawkins for hunting season.
The deer don’t seem to be at all afraid of the smell of that stuff.

Hey, I just changed out my EWO pull wires, I’ve got a 15” wire you can have if you want it. They’re only 8 bucks, but I don’t need it. Send me your address and I’ll mail it today. It’s an EWO, just too long for my UOS with the lookout step on the bottom
Appreciate the offer.

Back