• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stick suggestions?

TooheyBirdie

Hey all. Did a hike into the woods with my 3 hawk helium yesterday and wanted to try one sticking. Would love the weight reduction when I'm walking in over a mile. I still have the straps the sticks came with and didnt love them when it came to loosening, moving the stick, then tightening. What kind of strap mod are most people going with for one sticking?

This is the greatest rabbit hole conversation starter ever. Seconded only by a ultimate pack question.

Hahahaha

There are folks that swap out for amsteel daisy chain. Other like to keep the stock buckle/straps.

I opted for a single muddy pro. I also bought a cam cleat for my hawks. But lost it. But wasn’t too concerned as it was probably not the perfect suited cam for this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just ordered a few daisy chain straps from EWO for my normal set of sticks. Was really impressed with the light weight and quietness of the one I got to go with my one stick setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. Did a hike into the woods with my 3 hawk helium yesterday and wanted to try one sticking. Would love the weight reduction when I'm walking in over a mile. I still have the straps the sticks came with and didnt love them when it came to loosening, moving the stick, then tightening. What kind of strap mod are most people going with for one sticking?

In my opinion if you aren't using a cam cleat for one sticking you are doing it wrong. :tearsofjoy:

Are you tying the double knot after going through the cleat like the Muddy pros recommend? Just curious? Thanks

not until I reach my desired hunting height then and only then do I tie a half hitch.

I like that strap mod.. if sticking with the straps they came with.. I'll have to think about that if I decide I don't want to go all out and install the cam buckle before season.. thanks.

I like that strap mod.. if sticking with the straps they came with.. I'll have to think about that if I decide I don't want to go all out and install the cam buckle before season.. thanks.
The only suggestion pointed out by someone I would implement would be a steel strap behind the screws to really make it extremely strong. I also reversed the screws with the nuts on the front so it can stack on top of another Helium.

Back