• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"ONE STICKING" WITH A CLIMBER PLATFORM? ANYONE?

melocal

Has anyone tried one sticking, but instead of a stick, using the foot platform from a climber set up? I am sure there are probably threads on here that have addressed this, but I can't seem to find. Interested in people's experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Using the seat of a lonewolf hand climber has been widely used. You could do the same for any climber.

I have thought about this as well and I actually have the original Treesuit platform that had the covered cable climbing attachment which I have actually never used. It was meant for this very purpose. It was similar to a summit wrapped cable system. It seemed noisy and sharp and then life happened after I received it and never tried it out!!!! I do use the platform still with a platform or daisy chain strap. I should get it out and take pics of it for you and the other talented DIY's on this site to consider as a project. I think this would really be awesome with some like a RidgeRunner or a Perch or even the Predator with it locked in.

Another good option/example

My Hawk self climber base weighs about the same as 3 helium sticks so I gave it a try.

I had to adjust the foot straps in closer to the tree because of using a tether instead of the upper part of the climber. That still wasn’t super easy so I added a rope to the tree side that I pulled with my arms. Basically I was hanging from my tether and mostly lifting it by hand with my legs just holding it out from the tree. It wasn’t great.

I rappelled down at the end of the night by simply disengaging the stand for the tree with my feet and descending down the rope in one go. That was awesome!

I won’t bother doing it again. It was ok but not great but your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back