• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL Hush Stand- first impressions

Westdesign03

SH Member
I see there’s discussion about the small portable tree stands to the market here, so wanted to throw in the new Hush Stand in with them. Just picked mine up last night. Tried it on the tree. I really like it! I had the .5 and liked it ok too but this one competes just as well IMO. Just a little heavier than the .5 but the trade off is more foot room. It is probably the easiest setting Tree stand I’ve tried yet too. No pushing down on the stand before camming. Just tighten the strap with the platform teeth just off the tree, then cam down the platform and it’s set as tight as can be.

It grabs the tree like no other tree stand I’ve tried yet. It is extremely solid on the tree with no flex in the seat or post. The platform itself has some flex side to side due to the thin pieces of aluminum they use, but virtually not flex up and down.

The length of the seat is small but plenty comfortable to sit on and you still have tons of space for your legs when standing up without having to flip the seat up. This is one of my favorite features of the stand.

The micro adjust is awesome, although I had to work it considerably to get it loosened up from manufacturing. Got a few nice sized blisters from it. Put some brake lube on the underside of the knob and the knob post. It’s pretty smooth now.

Anyone that has been thinking about trying this stand just for traditional mobile tree stand use or even as a saddle hybrid, I think this is a good option and won’t totally drain your bank account. Another home run from OOAL!

cca4b97fd90c7164df4fbd6d03d1acbd.jpg

d478c0b6a47561db973d374cbf827244.jpg

bfaf570e693dd64cfb0fde880e28941e.jpg

56b56c6fa6b888d3da82c0036a887e7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get a weight on it? Looks nice and I've been thinking about getting this. The price point and features are a good balance.

Awesome information on the HUSH. I have been looking at these too. I might pick one up soon. Novix is coming out with a stand of some sort or platform on Thursday. I’m curious to see what it looks like and compare it to some other small stand options.

Thanks for posting.
For the cost/weight compared to others in this space, I may go ahead and place my order. Plus I’ve had nothing but good experiences with OOAL.

Thanks for posting.
For the cost/weight compared to others in this space, I may go ahead and place my order. Plus I’ve had nothing but good experiences with OOAL.

You’re welcome. Glad to help spend your money for ya. I’ve also had the same experience with OOAL. Awesome products.

I picked one up and love it too. I like the fact that you don’t have to toe hook it to get it solid to the tree. OOAL came all the way down to our local mobile hunter meet up and were super nice and helpful. That sold me on their business. I picked up the hush and ordered some shikars. Not a lot of businesses would do that and that speaks volume of their work ethic!

Last edited:
I picked one up and love it too. I like the fact that you don’t have to toe hook it to get it solid to the tree. OOAL came all the way down to our local mobile hunter meet up and were super nice and helpful. That sold me on their business. I picked up the hush and ordered some shikars. Not a lot of businesses would do that and that speaks of their work ethic!

Oh yeah. That’s awesome. Didn’t know they traveled like that. That does speak volumes. I can tell by the way Matt talks in his videos that he’s just a beast and does care about his customers.

This is looking pretty tempting

I also picked up a used Hush. I can give some input below. I’ve already contacted Matt about some of the things I’ve seen that I view as potentially problematic. He stands by his product and told me if anything breaks to contact him.

The stand itself is solid. At 6’ and 200# I’m not getting any flex. The .5 flexes a lot in comparison. Hanging the stand is easy. Like stated above, no toe hooking to get the stand to cam over solid. I just pulled the platform up flat, pulled the strap tight, and cammed the platform base down. Rock solid.

The two points I noted to Matt were the teeth on the platform v were milled to such fine points that I noticed a little bending in them after having the stand on a tree. I think those could be beefed up. I also had a little lateral side play between the post and stand base when not installed on a tree. Once installed there was no wiggle. But I could see that as a potential wear area. I need to check to see if the lag portion of the bolt is long enough. I’ve heard lwcg bolts didn’t have enough lag in the post/seat connection and that caused some wiggle. If that’s the case I’ll let Matt know to make sure the lag passes fully through all the platform ears and post before terminating into threads for the nut.

Otherwise, I’m going to give mine a tan and green sponge bath and hunt out of the thing. It’s night and day from picking up my assault ii.

I’m on the fence. Looking and these but would really like to see a comparison with something like a millennium ultra lite. I mean is it really worth the $?

I’m on the fence. Looking and these but would really like to see a comparison with something like a millennium ultra lite. I mean is it really worth the $?
I don’t see any comparison between those two stands. You have to have a separate bracket for connecting to the tree.

The millennium M7 microlite is not a 8 pound stand, more like 11 pounds ready to hunt.

The seat on this one doesn’t lock in place for a meat shelf, right?

The seat on this one doesn’t lock in place for a meat shelf, right?

On the Hush? It does. There is a screw* you turn and adjust a little plate. It then locks the seat. Probably not a design I’ll use for packing in sticks and gear but certainly one I’d use for carrying out heavy loads.

The millennium M7 microlite is not a 8 pound stand, more like 11 pounds ready to hunt.

As is, Millennium uses a spade and bracket receiver that adds quite a bit of weight to the system. An M7 can be modded to a versa button design and is much lighter that way. (Info about that can be found here and elsewhere on the internet.)

Millennium advertises the M7 at 8.5lbs. Reportedly they are weighing in around 9.3 without the receiver. The versa mod brings that down to....? (It can be found with a bit of looking).

I don’t know what mine weighs. It’s light enough I haven’t bothered to modify it to a versa design. Frankly, I like the Millennium receiver system with preference to the heavier chain receiver over the newer ratchet strap receiver. Not everyone likes that system, actually some not at all, but I find it easy to manage the receiver sans stand and I’m happy enough with the stability of the bracket in the tree.

Comparing with the Hush, on paper I would say the advantages of the M7 are a wider platform, a more comfortable seat (although this is personal fit / preference), and price.

The HUSH has some nice features. It’s lightweight, has a load out shelf / packing feature, integrated storage for Shikar sticks, clever leveling adjustment apparatus, OOAL signature coating for traction and quietness on stand, and is narrower for transport.

Both great stands from what I know of them.

Back