• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Other uses of saddle

Vorsteg

SH Member
Last spring a friend fell out of a tree, 20 feet up when then branch he was cutting swung and took out the ladder he was standing on. This all was told to me by his wife after the fact. I know he was a hunter and asked her why he didn't use hi s hunters safety belt. She wished he had. Anyway, when my neighbors ask me to cut his tree down, I said ok, but not without my saddle. I attached my climbing sticks 's and secured myself e of with lineman belt and tree strap. I cut off branches as I went up and cut sections off from the top_down. This tree was too close to both our houses to comfortably cut it down in one fell swoop. Anyway, when the last big limb near the t lol broke loose, I was glad for my NT Evolution as the tree shook violently. I will never go up any tree without it. I never feel unsafe in a tree with it.

When I shingled my house I screwed an eye bolt into the peak and with a length of rope hooked to my saddle. My roof is a 10/12 pitch and I never slipped, but made me feel better knowing if I had I wasnt going off the edge.

When I shingled my house I screwed an eye bolt into the peak and with a length of rope hooked to my saddle. My roof is a 10/12 pitch and I never slipped, but made me feel better knowing if I had I wasnt going off the edge.

No treestand could ever do that!!!

No treestand could ever do that!!!

I can't wait to see the DIY guys try to prove you wrong just for fun! From Summit Viper to roofing companion...

Yeah, now that I feel comfortable in a saddle, I've offered to cut down a dead tree hanging over a neighbor's deck. It will need to come out in pieces from the top down. I used to be afraid to sit in a hang on if it didn't have a shooting rail. And I climbed trees that I was trying to balance an egg on my head - slow and careful...

Now I'm so comfortable with tree climbing and height that last year I actually caught myself screwing in my platform steps at hunting height and wasn't even connected to the tree. Now that isn't OK and if I had trusted that the saddle was there I could have leaned a little too far expecting my tether to stop me before falling... but point is, I really do feel safe when I'm tied in...

Amen Mausty! Safety is paramount but complacency sneaks in when I'm in any of my saddles. They just provide an unspoken feeling of comfort and safeness that no lock-on and only a few climbers can.

Amen Mausty! Safety is paramount but complacency sneaks in when I'm in any of my saddles. They just provide an unspoken feeling of comfort and safeness that no lock-on and only a few climbers can.

X2

Back